Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

04 Black Gt

Old 10-31-2009, 08:03 PM
BriansNSane
1st Gear Member

Default 04 Black Gt

Some Daytime pics of new front end with Mach 1 grill delete and Chin Spoiler looks 100 times better imo. I also took some pic's of my cutomized Blue guage cluster.I didnt like the looks of the reverse flow guages so I ordered some T8 Tri led's and took the cluster apart and sanded the green off of everything.Came out better looking than I expected so I did the Ac controls to

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-01-2009, 10:55 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Sweet!!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2009, 11:10 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Where did you get those lights for your gauges.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:30 PM
BriansNSane
1st Gear Member

I ordered em from a guy on Ebay,pretty cheap too.I think I paid like 20 bucks for 10 of them.I got the regular single led's at first and it wasn't bright at all, barely could see the dash. I ordered the Tri led's and those things are freaking bright! I don't think you have the green tint behind your cluster like the New Edge's do.(I had to take my entire cluster apart and sand the green off the back of the numbers and letters)I think you just have to switch bulbs and your done.

Oh yea one thing to note. I can longer dim my dash after this.I lost the ability to even before I took the cluster apart and just switched bulbs. I did this same modification to the guage's in my 98 F-150 (wich didn't have a green paint on the back)and I can dim the dash in it so i think the New Edge's dimmer is computer controlled and the previous years are mechanical.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:27 AM
CobraCurt
2nd Gear Member

nice car
Old 11-04-2009, 07:45 PM
BriansNSane
1st Gear Member

Thanx I really appreciate it! She's a work in progress, I got her a few months ago and I've been trying to make her my own individual car since. I've been a fan of the new edge since they came out and I'm proud to own one!(or be paying the note on one lol)
Old 11-04-2009, 09:26 PM
thunderhorse
3rd Gear Member

nice touch with the gauges! very unique.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:57 AM
BriansNSane
1st Gear Member

Thanx! only cost 20 bucks and some elbow grease to hehe I need to invest in a better camera, My IPhone doesn't do the car it's proper justice heh I'm looking at getting an 8mp Canon I'll take better pictures when I can.The inside lighting isn't done yet (It's not gonna be rice I swear ,I'm an Electrician and unbalanced light bothers me) As you noticed I unhooked the parking light's switchleg from the radio's buttons,the green was throwing my setup off lol a 7 inch sony touchscreen is going in it's place soon.Unfortunately the buttons for the rear defrost,traction control and fog lights are all soldered into clips so I'll have to get the ole soldering iron out and do it up.I'm not liking the yellow and green,I'm gonna make the buttons blue instead of green and replace the yellow with green,Just waiting on led's and resistors.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:10 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

Looks good!
Old 11-09-2009, 04:06 PM
1ATony
Former Sponsor

Great looking car!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 04 Black Gt