Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

Need your opinion!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Trinity
1st Gear Member

Question Need your opinion!

Hi everyone! I'm not exactly the new girl here. I'm a member but I've been gone for awhile. I wanted to see if you could give me your opinion on something.

I just added chrome halo headlights and a billet grille to my Mustang. I already have the clear corners so the front end now has a more "chromed" look. My rear side markers on the rear quarter panels are also clear. The tail though has a SHR Honeycomb Panel, black tail light trim and honeycomb vinyl overlays on the tail lights.

I don't see where I can add the pics so I can only point you to where they are. Please take a look and let me know what you think.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...y-mustang.html

*Should I leave the SHR Honeycomb panel on? Or take the panel off?
*If I leave it on should I leave the black trim or change to chrome?
*If I keep the panel should I keep the honeycomb overlays?
*Other suggestions?
*How would I take of the SHR Honeycomb Panel?

Thanks guys (and girls)!
Old 12-19-2009, 03:36 PM
KcMstang
2nd Gear Member

Looks fine to me, I would change the front to non-chrome before I change anything on the rear, but I'm not a fan of chrome.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:48 PM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

I like everything but the rear end. Never been a big fan of the honeycomb look. Maybe smoke the tail lights and get the gloss black rear panel?
Old 12-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Trinity
1st Gear Member

See, originally I had the honeycomb panel to balance the honeycomb in the front grille. Now that I have billet out front I think the honeycomb on the tail end is out of place. With the clear corners, clear side markers, chrome buckets on the head lights and the billet grille I wonder if it would look better with chrome trim on the tail lights? Ditch the honeycomb overlays either way I think... but the honeycomb panel is another issue entirely. It isn't going to be easy to remove and I don't know if it will damage my car if I try to remove it.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Redfire_07
2nd Gear Member

I would say take the panel off!
Old 12-21-2009, 12:58 PM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Trinity
See, originally I had the honeycomb panel to balance the honeycomb in the front grille. Now that I have billet out front I think the honeycomb on the tail end is out of place. With the clear corners, clear side markers, chrome buckets on the head lights and the billet grille I wonder if it would look better with chrome trim on the tail lights? Ditch the honeycomb overlays either way I think... but the honeycomb panel is another issue entirely. It isn't going to be easy to remove and I don't know if it will damage my car if I try to remove it.
Chrome trim around the tail lights and ditch the honeycomb panel would be good. It will be more in line with the "theme" of the rest of the car.
But like you said... removing that back panel isn't going to be easy. Use a hair dryer or heat gun and some nylon fishing line and take your time doing it.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:47 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

I think you should get rid of the honeycomb on the rear. Go with a solid black between the lights and a tint on the lights. I'm not a big fan of billet grilles either, so I would change that, but seeing as you changed the original grille to billet, I don't think you will, hah.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:47 PM
Silver_Pony
1st Gear Member

Nice to see another girl Im sure there are more just havent been here that long yet! I like the honeycomb if ur looking for a mach1 retro style,but with everything else being chrome Id take it off and ditch the honeycomb decals on the tail lights if u look at the 69/70 mach1 it has the honeycomb panel with black chin spiloer rear spolier and on some black rocker panel along the sides...and rally stripe ....I am seriously IN LOVE with M1s and to me the HCP goes on a car that screams MACH1 lots of really nice upgrades on urs good luck
Old 01-01-2010, 01:45 PM
GT/CSstyle

I am with pretty much everyone else on the rear end...the car is really smooth looking until you get to the rear end. The honeycomb pattern doesn't flow as well with the rest of the lines. Even removing the pattern from the tail lights would clean it up...You've done a really nice job with your car.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:17 PM
07 naja

Originally Posted by GT/CSstyle
I am with pretty much everyone else on the rear end...the car is really smooth looking until you get to the rear end. The honeycomb pattern doesn't flow as well with the rest of the lines. Even removing the pattern from the tail lights would clean it up...You've done a really nice job with your car.
Ditto! Clean up the rear end.