Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

A Drive In the Mountains and Desert in SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 10:44 AM
OCLandspeeder
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BeachBlv
Thanks! Yes it is a 1988 GTA 5.7L TPI.

I checked out your car domain.

Sweet! I love the GTA because Pontiac put all the good stuff in that car as it was their flagship car at the time. I was just starting college when those cars came out and only the older guys could afford them--they were like Corvettes for Pontiac and they were loaded! The lace pattern gold wheels are sweet looking. Your GTA has got to be the cleanest looking Trans Am I have ever seen. Glad to see you like attending Cars and Coffee to show off your car. I'll bet it gets attention! I'm about 10 minutes from the Cars & Coffee in Irvine. Nice ride! Drive her and enjoy her for what she was meant for: high performance driving!

BTW, have you checked out the TPIS website? They have tons of TPI 350 upgrade parts. http://www.tpis.com/

Also, check out how to get more power out of a TPI 350 using this website. It's for Corvettes but the motors are identical. http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c4/vad...dstrategy.html
Old 01-10-2010, 12:07 PM
OCLandspeeder
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dreamer1
OCLandspeeder.. Nice dood! I used to live on Wilson Valley Road up in, Aguanga. Know the area well.. Very nice thread make's it feel like we went along for the ride..
I know that road!

I was on my sport bike riding around near this road called Sage Road or R3 and happen to turn into Wilson Valley Road. It was a "Wow!" moment. Nice little bit of twisty road that was tight, scary, and exciting!
Old 01-10-2010, 08:21 PM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Nice I want to come....lol
Old 01-11-2010, 09:23 PM
BeachBlv
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by OCLandspeeder
I checked out your car domain.

Sweet! I love the GTA because Pontiac put all the good stuff in that car as it was their flagship car at the time. I was just starting college when those cars came out and only the older guys could afford them--they were like Corvettes for Pontiac and they were loaded! The lace pattern gold wheels are sweet looking. Your GTA has got to be the cleanest looking Trans Am I have ever seen. Glad to see you like attending Cars and Coffee to show off your car. I'll bet it gets attention! I'm about 10 minutes from the Cars & Coffee in Irvine. Nice ride! Drive her and enjoy her for what she was meant for: high performance driving!

BTW, have you checked out the TPIS website? They have tons of TPI 350 upgrade parts. http://www.tpis.com/

Also, check out how to get more power out of a TPI 350 using this website. It's for Corvettes but the motors are identical. http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c4/vad...dstrategy.html

Thanks alot! I really love the car too, it just needs a couple little things to be mint. Once I get my new job I want to set the car up with at least 300 RWHP. Thanks for the links too, I am trying to get as much info as I can on opening the car up. It only has 80 thousand miles on it, so it still runs strong for the time being! This summer I want to come out to the cars and coffee in Irvine. I hear its like the best thing ever.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:02 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Nice pics
Old 01-12-2010, 10:40 AM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

nice! looks like fun, do you have a map of your route? that looks like itd be really fun for a day trip
Old 01-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Nice ride & nice views!!! ...Only wish I could be doing the same!
Old 01-12-2010, 01:47 PM
OCLandspeeder
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BeachBlv
Thanks alot! I really love the car too, it just needs a couple little things to be mint. Once I get my new job I want to set the car up with at least 300 RWHP. Thanks for the links too, I am trying to get as much info as I can on opening the car up. It only has 80 thousand miles on it, so it still runs strong for the time being! This summer I want to come out to the cars and coffee in Irvine. I hear its like the best thing ever.

300 RWHP for the L98 motor is realistic and it will really make that car go. You will need to replace the cylinder heads and camshaft to get to it--plus the bigger intake mods and long tube headers, finally a new TPIS chip.

The Cars and Coffee in Irvine is very cool. Lots of cars from mild to wild! Your GTA will fit right in since it is a rare car indeed.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:51 PM
OCLandspeeder
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RoushNitemare58
nice! looks like fun, do you have a map of your route? that looks like itd be really fun for a day trip
Unfortunately, no. It's in my head!

However, being located in Torrance, you too are very close to roads that are just as good.

You have:

The Rock Store (and all the twisty roads around it).
Angeles Crest Highway
Angeles Forest Highway
Cerro Norriestre Road
Hwy 33 & 166

If you range further out, you can reach Hwy 58--God's Gift to fast cars and bikes!
Old 01-12-2010, 02:07 PM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

cool thanks for the suggestions i think ill go for a cruise this weekend ive been on hwy 58 on the way to tehachapi about a year ago. i was actually driving my mustang and my gfs dad had his nitemare, we were headed down a long straight and two cops pull up on the side and pull out their radar guns, they pull over another truck that wasnt really speeding and we got away lol it was pretty fun

Quick Reply: A Drive In the Mountains and Desert in SoCal