Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

Decals, do you like reflective, or non?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 08:48 AM
Vankor
1st Gear Member

Default Decals, do you like reflective, or non?

Trying to decide between reflective decals and non-reflective. I'm having some custom decals put on-nothing super fancy or over the top like flames, I designed some myself that are similar to something in feel to what the factory would put on, but distinctive.

There's a $70 price difference though, that's the hard decision part... But I've seen the work the company that is making them does, they do commercial vehicles and their stuff is high quality and lasts a long time.

So how do the rest of you like your decals?
Old 02-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

What kind of decal is it and where you putting it? Putting decals on a car is more of a ricer thing to do. The only time I believe in putting stickers/decals on a mustang is if you track race and your sponsored.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:42 PM
southernmustangparts
Former Sponsor

We have sold a ton of decals, mostly non-reflective

The Brake Caliper decals and Mid-Vent Pony emblems have been the hottest for us

Check out our full selection at www.southernmustangparts.com or just click below

Mustang Decals

Ken
Old 02-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Vankor
1st Gear Member

It's not ricer, it's a combination rocker stripe at the bottom and some similar stripes on the upper layer of the car, a pinpoint near the front of the car broadening towards the back with a similar pinstripe just underneath it. It doesn't look ricey at all, I was tempted to get the Boss decals but then decided to just make my own.

I can post pics of the design if you want.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:11 PM
peetiewonder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang3GT07
What kind of decal is it and where you putting it? Putting decals on a car is more of a ricer thing to do. The only time I believe in putting stickers/decals on a mustang is if you track race and your sponsored.
theres more situations when decals are okay, its more ricer when u are putting decals on for products not present on your car i.e. Type R badge on non-Type R vehicle. I personally don't see anything wrong with putting a roush sticker on a car with roush performance parts for example. but to each his own.

Also trying to pass off a lower model mustang as something better is more ricer than stickers/decals in my opinion. There's a guy i see with a gt that has a gt500 front end, rims, and cobra badges, but it has a stock gt rear bumper and a roush wing. that to me says ricer, but i digress.

I would stay away from the chrome/reflective stuff.

Last edited by peetiewonder; 02-03-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Vankor
1st Gear Member

No, not making it into something it's not, just trying to make it unique.
And I agree with the chrome stuff, so I think I'll go with non-reflective. I'll post pics when I get it.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:50 PM
ZenithMotorsports
1st Gear Member

non reflective for sure.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Redfire_07
2nd Gear Member

non reflective!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:06 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Non reflective
Reflective on emergency vehicles
Old 02-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Vankor
1st Gear Member

Ok, I'll have better pics later, but I just got it back from the shop today. There's too much reflective crap around thanks to bright snow from winter, but this is the decal I designed, now put on the car. Nothing overly dramatic or fancy. The lower section actually curves up a bit, following the "butt" design of the car, but you can't see it cuz of the reflection.

Pros installed it with 7-year material, I just have to let it "bake" in the sun for a couple days and thankfully we are having some nice weather for a few days!
Attached Thumbnails Decals, do you like reflective, or non?-img_7340.jpg  

Quick Reply: Decals, do you like reflective, or non?