Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

Look What Happened.... :(

Old 11-18-2010, 08:04 AM
bfeels
1st Gear Member

Default Look What Happened.... :(

Well on Friday October 29, I had lent my car to a buddy because some girl at his work wanted to see the mustang. Turns out that was a very bad idea. I got a call about 11am from him saying that he crashed my car. I've known this kid for a while now and i figured he was just joking. So i hung up the phone with him. He called me right back and told me he wasnt kidding. So i said alright then, tell me where you are and i'll come. So on the drive there im thinking that, i know im going to show up and nothings going to be going on and he was just trying to mess with me. Well...... I pulled up and this is what i saw....

So it turns out he wasnt kidding. He was getting on the highway (probably going a little to fast) hit sand and did a complete 180 hitting 2 signs, running over a off ramp marker and ending up on the medium. Cost of the damage was $5000. New front bumper, new right quarter panel, and new right door shell. 2 new rims and tires. Unfortunatley, American Muscle doesnt carry that exact rim (specs are different now) and also the tires werent made anymore. So i made out, he bought me 4 new rims and tires and also i got a new front bumper that i really need. Seeing as how when i bought the car, the person who owned it before me ripped the plastic spolier off with some force and pulled the whole bottom of the bumper forward. It just looked like ****.
Good news is, i am most likely going to pick the car up this afternoon. I will post pictures when i get it back!
Old 11-18-2010, 09:37 AM
05windviel
2nd Gear Member

that sucks man, good thing your getting upgrades out of it though. Did you try to get a GT bumper? This is why i would never lend someone my car, sure i've let some people drive it while i was in it, but people don't seem to "push the limits" when your sitting right next to them
Old 11-18-2010, 10:38 AM
allinon72
2nd Gear Member

That's why NO ONE drives my car, except for my dad.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by allinon72
Yep

Sorry to hear what happened. Did you upgrade the front or go for stock?
Old 11-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Luke13
2nd Gear Member

Dang, that sucks. Some people just don't care when it's not their stuff at risk. At least he's paying for it.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:49 PM
bfeels
1st Gear Member

I was thinking about trying to get the GT bumper, but i just didnt see anyway of doing it, because i didnt want to have to pay anything extra. Now that i was getting money back ( i only found out last week, when all the body parts were ordered) i just decided to grab a chin spoiler and maybe some new halos for since they replaced a headlight too. But they called me yesterday saying that every time the car was on and they turned the headlights on the car shut off. Turns out one of the HID ballast 's was bad and was tripping for some reason. Then i called today to see if i could pick it up, they said it was going down to ford to get the final alignment and i could grab it later this afternoon. I got a call about 2 hours later, the lower right control arm was broken. They ordered one and it will be here tomorrow at noon. So hopefully i will be getting her back late tomorrow or saturday! Anybody know how long a control arm takes to install? or how hard it is?
Old 11-19-2010, 06:22 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by allinon72
+1, same story here. I would kill that bastard.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:33 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

damn B, i didn't know about the control arm i know just how you feel
Old 11-19-2010, 08:23 PM
mk70ss
2nd Gear Member

Feel bad for ya from a fellow Masshole.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:11 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

OUCH...I guess just live & learn ... Lets see some new pics!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Look What Happened.... :(