Michigan Regional Chapter Chapter President: MYGT500

new old man on the street

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 06:53 PM
partytyme

Default new old man on the street

ok kids i am picking up an 2007 gt that need a bit of love bit for what i am paying i cant go wrong .. i will need to do some body work on her and would like to add some ground effects too.. were is the best place to buy them ?
i will share more info after i have the title in my hand .. thanks from the old man .. aka partytyme
Old 09-18-2011, 08:25 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Where are you located? MRT in the Novi area seems to have a lot in the way of appearance stuff for Mustangs.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:03 AM
partytyme

Lansing area
Old 09-20-2011, 11:52 AM
bigstick
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by partytyme
i will need to do some body work on her and would like to add some ground effects too.. were is the best place to buy them ?
The site sponsors are a good place to look.

americanmuscle.com and brenspeed.com are two that I've personally used and will vouch for.

cruizin concepts...do a search on them before ordering.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:42 PM
partytyme

ok i went to baton roudge la to pick up the cat drove it back or should i say my 18 year old drove it back it has 19000 miles on it needs a paint job i knew this when i seen it well now for the rebuild starts .. stripes ? any great ideas for a black gt?
Old 09-28-2011, 09:30 PM
cbobruk

Are you looking for performance or looks? Performance, forced induction is the best way to go on these motors.
Looks wise, I was always fond of Black mustangs with white stripes, and a light color wheel. If I had your car, I would get a mesh style wheel such as CCW classics. If those are too pricey XXR makes similar style wheels.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:48 AM
partytyme

ok for now i would like a body kit!
the front bumper needs replacing and the rear has rubbs in it from a tow truck sling?
so i am looking for a kit that replaces the front and rear bumpers and the roker moldings too,, the last owner was an idi0t for a car with 18000 miles on it there are dings and marks every place you look it took 5 hours to clean off the black grime from baton rouge la .no it was not in a flood just covered with gooie black tree sap. as i said i got her cheap or i would not went 1100 miles for her ...i love the car and my best friend is an body man/painter so that will be the easy part!!
Old 10-10-2011, 04:58 PM
ldk59

I personally like the GT/CS front & rear pieces... the Steeda kit is nice as well. There are also kits by Shelby, Saleen & Cervini to consider.

It really comes down to what YOU like most *your the one that has to wash it after all*

HTH

Larry K
Jackson, MI
Old 10-11-2011, 05:07 PM
02GTman
3rd Gear Member

So let's see some "before" pics for now. Congrats on being a Mustang owner, welcome to the family.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:16 PM
partytyme

Angry waiting ..

Originally Posted by 02GTman
So let's see some "before" pics for now. Congrats on being a Mustang owner, welcome to the family.
ill post some as we repaint her !! as for now i wait for the ground effects kit and louvers and air scoop and hood scoop to show up ..i hate waiting

Quick Reply: new old man on the street