Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

We got anyone from IOWA?<>?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 11:05 AM
08droptop
2nd Gear Member

Mason City, just got my 08' convertible GT. Are there any shows, races, or anything else coming up that anyone knows about where there will be a lot of Mustangs?
Old 10-07-2009, 07:40 AM
hiltsy845

Sioux City 08 GT here
Old 03-05-2010, 03:28 AM
dastangman
2nd Gear Member

What's everyone up to...Newton area here. Figured I'd see if I could get some action going in this thread again. It's been dead since October haha. In August 2011, there's going to be a national Mustang show hosted by Central Iowa Mustang Club or something. I know that's a whole other year away but eh...it's good news and I just found out.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:40 PM
IA_Chiefs_fan
2nd Gear Member

Lamoni, IA checking in...
Old 03-07-2010, 05:34 PM
flashback351

Default 5 "Mustang-Ford" Events

Originally Posted by dastangman
What's everyone up to...Newton area here. Figured I'd see if I could get some action going in this thread again. It's been dead since October haha. In August 2011, there's going to be a national Mustang show hosted by Central Iowa Mustang Club or something. I know that's a whole other year away but eh...it's good news and I just found out.
Yeah, pretty much comes to a standstill during the winter months huh!
We have 5 get togethers that we promote on the various Ford/Stang sites that are held at CedarFallsRaceway during 2010.
May 22
June 12
Aug 7
Sept 25
Oct 16
We don't limit the participants to Ford only but the events are promoted pretty much on the Ford/Stangs sites only.
For more info:
www.elimn8u.com
www.cfraceway.com
www.mustangcentral.net
We run alot of T&T runs at these, they have a class that they run for motorcycles the same days too..our main deal is the OpenComp class for racing as everyone can try their hand at the ProTree without worrying about being the fastest (or slowest) person there. The protree is a blast and the cost is low for this too as we've kept it low to try and promote the 'fun factor'.
The gate fee at the track is 20.00 for T&T I believe and we charge a seperate 25.00 (collected back in the pits or staging lanes) if one wants to enter the O/C race...our rules are setup to mirror the NMRA/NMCA rules basically.
Gene

Last edited by flashback351; 03-07-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:09 AM
05windviel
2nd Gear Member

yeah i've been just lurking around the forum all winter, got the stang out a week or two ago. Couldn't wait any longer and since its actually been nice. It would be sweet if we could get a group of iowa folks together for a meet somewhere
Old 03-09-2010, 07:12 PM
08droptop
2nd Gear Member

I'm IN!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 12:01 PM
flashback351

Default Come on out! Stop by one or all five events!!

Stop in at one or all five days!
I think the track has something special for the October event.
These used to be BIG Ford/Stang events up until a few years ago when the track put us up on the same days that they ran their normal bracket races and that's when we lost alot of the participents...starting last year we are back on what are basically T&T days although they do run a bikes-only race too but that doesn't slow us down too much as they run thru quick and their numbers haven't been overwhelming either.
I concentrate mostly on running the OpenComp race as I am the one who puts that together and runs it as well as races in it.
There's also a 10.5 following that is trying to get their program off the ground so there should be some fast Stangs to watch as well!
I've posted the days on a whole lot of stang-sites again but if you are on some sites that you don't see any info listed feel free to list...we'd like to get the numbers back up to the point where it just blows the track managers mind again!!!
Gene

More event ino at:
www.mustangcentral.net
also at:
www.cfraceway.com
www.elimn8u.com

Last edited by flashback351; 03-10-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

Smile Quad Cities, IA...New Guy!

Hey guys! Anyone in here from the Quad Cities, IA area? I just moved back to the area after 5yrs of living out in the Portland, OR area. I'm just looking to meet up with some Mustang guys and hang out or go for some drives and car shows.

I had a 2002 Mustang GT for a few years, and traded it in for a 99 Corvette FRC several years ago. Then traded that FRC in for an 01 ZO6 about 10months ago. Just dying to get the car out and hang out with some fellow car guys. I still prefer the Mustang crowd, just not that interested in the Corvette community.

I've been looking at trying to get a Mustang 5.0 (87-93) project car and would love to see what kind of knowledge I can gain from the locals.

Anyway, always looking to meet up with someone since I'm starting over in the area again.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:27 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

just to let everyone know i have started up shop here in Saint Charles IA. My business is Silverstang performance and my card in the signature.

Anything suspension wise i either have in stock or can order. I do installations and specifically work with fox body mustangs. i can work on any mustang but my specialty is with foxes. give me a call for quotes on installation or parts orders.

thanks!!
-Kyle
Silverstang Performance

Quick Reply: We got anyone from IOWA?<>?