Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

We got anyone from IOWA?<>?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 09:47 PM
08droptop
2nd Gear Member

I've been wondering if there were any shops that do Mustang work in the area, thanks for letting us know about your shop. Have you done any gears, and what's the install price?
Old 04-25-2010, 10:48 PM
05windviel
2nd Gear Member

so is anyone planning on going to cedar falls for the first run on May 22nd i've seriously been debating it especially after watching a buddy run his lancer at the autocross in newton this weekend
Old 04-26-2010, 11:27 AM
flashback351

Originally Posted by 05windviel
so is anyone planning on going to cedar falls for the first run on May 22nd i've seriously been debating it especially after watching a buddy run his lancer at the autocross in newton this weekend
Everything got cancelled due to weather this last weekend...hope we can get a few Stangs/Fords to show up for these again. The track put us back on basically T&T days so that should allow everyone to get in plenty of runs if they want.
Gene
Old 04-28-2010, 11:41 AM
flashback351

Default More Info

Originally Posted by 05windviel
More info here:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/mid-...llsracway.html

Track website for gate times etc:

http://www.cfraceway.com/index.html
http://www.cfraceway.com/pages/schedule.html
Old 05-12-2010, 12:04 PM
IA_Chiefs_fan
2nd Gear Member

My Lund Motors experience:

I have the following mods on my 06 GT...
JLT CAI
Pypes L/T Headers
Pypes O/R H-Pipe
4.30 gears

I took my car to them and felt they were very firendly, pleasant people to deal with. They did several pulls with my car and were very willing to answer questions I had (I had several with this being my first Dyno). After a couple hours they gave me a tune that they said was a nice little step up from the 91 octane Brenspeed tune I already had.

It seemed to drive okay on the way home but I didn't really get on it until I got to some backroads. I stopped, got ready to lay a black mark (while my wife is rolling her eyes in the passenger seat), stomped on the gas, took off like a bat out of hell, and then felt the car fall on it's face.

I pulled over switched to the Brenspeed tune and tried the black mark again. I must have burnt half of my new tread off with that one!

I pulled back over and reloaded the Lund tune. The same thing happened where it fell on its face as the RPM's built up.

I called and spoke with them and they agreed to try to tune my car again but felt it was probably kind of a waste of time since Brenspeed had provided me with a tune I was satisfied with and they doubted they could do much better.

In the end, I wish I wouldn't have taken a day off work, driven an hour and a half each way, and spent a couple hundred bucks - only to end up with a tune I may as well delete from my XCal III. They were nice people and probably very good at what they do. Even doing it via email, I feel Brenspeed is the best choice for 3V engines after this experience though. If I ever have a car that needs dyno-tuned, and there's no specialized company out there, I would not hesitate to go back to Lund Motors. I don't mean to bad mouth them, I'm just dissappointed because, in the end, I got nothing for my money.

They are honest, good people though, which is the most important component of a shop! keep that in mind.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:21 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Hello all of you bad drivers, I mean Iowegians! (Lol I'm only joking :P) I'm just to the North of you in Austin MN, is Cedar Falls the closest track to me, and are any of you in my area? I'm literally on the border, ten minute drive and I'm in IA
Old 05-12-2010, 01:27 PM
05windviel
2nd Gear Member

idk if thats nessicarily the closest to you but it doesn't look like its too far, there is the track day on the 22nd (next saturday) coming up, i am still planning on going, you could always run down there and find out lol
Old 05-18-2010, 09:52 PM
Gryphon
1st Gear Member

If anyone from the CR area is out, let me know! send me a PM
Old 05-19-2010, 08:43 AM
flashback351

Weather looks to be in the low 80's...should be great!
Old 05-22-2010, 12:05 AM
sonicx
speed'n

Ya know, im kinda suprised as to how many Iowans are on here actually ahaha. Alot more than what Minnesota can say. I used to live in CF... great place but don't make it down too often. When i go, its to Newton for NASCAR

Quick Reply: We got anyone from IOWA?<>?