Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

detroit area summertime meet and greet

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

Default RE: detroit area summertime meet and greet

interesting...anyone else have any input on this?

morbid, how many cars would fit in the parking area? roughly?
Old 01-18-2008, 07:37 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

ORIGINAL: Ride Of The Month

interesting...anyone else have any input on this?

morbid, how many cars would fit in the parking area? roughly?
just ouside the main doors? like 5-7 stangs, but there are parking spots in front of my condo that can accomodate another good 5 stangs, marina parking can hold about 10 spaces... and then theres a big open field that I would chop down

there is also an open lot at the end of the penninsula surrounded by water for pictures and such... I would think we could accomodate around 20-25 cars if I had to guess, also keep in mind the parking out in front of the clubhouse is confined... so that could prove a problem

looking out my bay window I can look at the field and can pretty much garuntee that would be an easy place to park when summer hits and it's dry.... I'll make a few calls today and see just what the association thinks about it and then I'll walk the feild out there to see if it's what it looks like

but the feild alone can hold about 30 stangs... so if that passes my standards today I really don't see it being a problem
Old 01-18-2008, 09:11 AM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Detroit area summertime meet and greet

I would volunteer to take photographs. Since I have a degree in photography and a 10 mega pixel Nikon DSLR and a variety of lenses and flashes I think we could do a photo shoot as well.

It would be a great opportunity for individual shots and it would also be cool to get some pictures of the whole herd together!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 09:18 AM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

I need to do a photo shoot for my new Steeda (I did not have much time to do it when I got her in October), plus I want to try some new techniques doing HDR photographs and then treat them in Photoshop.

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tut...amic-range.htm

The images I have seen from other who have done this are amazing. People think that the photographs are computer renderings rather than just photographs.

Morbid - your a wiz at image stuff so maybe I could shoot the pictures and you could help with the photoshop application? Maybe you could even teach me how to do more of the photoshop kind of stuff.

I could bring a laptop with wireless broadband and photoshop for the event!

This is sounding like a real event coming together!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 12:48 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

ORIGINAL: 08Steeda

I need to do a photo shoot for my new Steeda (I did not have much time to do it when I got her in October), plus I want to try some new techniques doing HDR photographs and then treat them in Photoshop.

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tut...amic-range.htm

The images I have seen from other who have done this are amazing. People think that the photographs are computer renderings rather than just photographs.

Morbid - your a wiz at image stuff so maybe I could shoot the pictures and you could help with the photoshop application? Maybe you could even teach me how to do more of the photoshop kind of stuff.

I could bring a laptop with wireless broadband and photoshop for the event!

This is sounding like a real event coming together!!!
on a sunny day thepoint at the end of the condominiums is a great place to do a photoshoot, the first scene in my mustang video as seen here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx4n3yq55Zc

is the point I am talking about, onlyat dusk... great place to snap a few IMO
Old 01-21-2008, 11:08 PM
PistonsFan102
2nd Gear Member

this looks like its gonna turn out like a great get together
Old 01-25-2008, 05:33 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Damn Morbid I live at 16 and Gratiot! We need to get together!!!! Great idea too!
ROTM - I would like to get together in July and Stoney Creek is a great idea as well and maybe somewhere in oakland county for a more central spot? Lets make it happen everyone any other thoughts?

ORIGINAL: Morbid Intentions

I can rent out my clubhouse, I live on 16 and jefferson, the clubhouse sits right on the water overlooking st. claire

http://www.harborclubnorthmarina.com/

I would cover all booking costs if anyone is interested in this location, I would just need an exact date
Old 01-28-2008, 08:26 PM
95 BLOWN GT
5th Gear Member

cool metro or stony both good locations.. any of you guys go to wild woodys car show or other shows over the summer? also the nmra is coming to milan again this year. great time last year.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:17 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Damn ROTM it looks like this meet and greet is coming along pretty good. I haven't been getting my subscription email notices for a while so I haven't seen the progress its made. You guys know i'll be there. Morbid yours sounds like a plan.

Jim I hope you'll be able to get us some good parking this year at Port Huron I'll be there too. Do any of you want to risk a cruise up I-94 with me again this year? [sm=devilangel.gif] John, do you plan on lining up next to me again? [sm=gears.gif]

Lets keep this thing going.

-Jack-
Old 01-31-2008, 03:28 PM
7STANG
99GTverts minion

ORIGINAL: wingman75

Damn ROTM it looks like this meet and greet is coming along pretty good. I haven't been getting my subscription email notices for a while so I haven't seen the progress its made. You guys know i'll be there. Morbid yours sounds like a plan.

Jim I hope you'll be able to get us some good parking this year at Port Huron I'll be there too. Do any of you want to risk a cruise up I-94 with me again this year? [sm=devilangel.gif] John, do you plan on lining up next to me again? [sm=gears.gif]

Lets keep this thing going.

-Jack-
Jack, you know I'm in![sm=badbadbad.gif]

I talked to Downriver the other day and it sounds like he is going to be even faster this year. I think he is bumping up his NOS from a 75 shot to a 125 shot and he has the one piece DS and something else that I can't remember.

Quick Reply: detroit area summertime meet and greet