Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Performance shop in Southern, IL

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 08:39 PM
team_lethal

Default Performance shop in Southern, IL

I am sorry to bother you, please pardon the intrusion. I used to be really big into the street racing/cruising scene in St. Louis, and I now live in Southern Illinois (near Carbondale to be exact, about an hour away). I have a degree in Automotive Technology from Universal Technical Institute, Glendale Heights, IL, including Hot Rod University training. I have also performed basic maintenance, bolt-on performance upgrades, internal engine and cylinder head modifications, custom exhaust systems, nitrous oxide/turbocharger installation and tuning, fuel management tuning, interior modifications, etc. on my own personal vehicles including, but not limited to the following models: 2 Chevrolet Camaro SS (one with the Grand Sport LT4 V8), Ferrari F355, 4.6L Mustang Cobra (made 480 RWHP), Several Fox Body Mustangs, Several Mitsubishi Eclipses, Numerous Nissan vehicles, 1995 Turbo charged, 2.4L Dodge Neon, BMW 3 Series, etc. I am also ASE certified.

My shop now offers performance tuning in addition to regular repair services to Car Clubs/Racers, etc. that want performance mods/tuning done for less than most shops charge...if you can even find one in Southern Illinois!!! Anyway, I have a lot of vehicles that I have done in my portfolio and I thought you might like to pass on my information to your acquaintances in case they need some work done.

I also do regular repairs/maintainance, etc. Just let me know what you need! Thanks!

Come on in to the shop:

R&M Automotive / Team Lethal Racing
48 Murdale Gardens
Murphysboro, IL 62966
(618) 684-5812 -- (618) 549-3116
Family Owned and Operated for 16 years!

--ASK FOR CARL MARTIN--
team_lethal_racing@yahoo.com

Old 03-30-2005, 10:14 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Performance shop in Southern, IL

well you got your hands full there buddy....SLINGBLADE..is pretty competetive.......just to quench my curiosity.....
what would you charge for...putting in 31 spline axles/c-clip eliminators,eaton posi,new seals/bearings...umm. intake spacer/valve covers some re-wiring......oh,and two dyno pulls for ****'s,and giggles????????????
Old 03-30-2005, 10:39 PM
team_lethal

are you serious? If so, I can get you a quote tomorrow, minus the dyno pulls of course.

our labor rate is $48.50 / hr.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:09 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

you're labor rate is pretty good.....all customers gotta shop around...slingblade did all that...which i just mentioned for $450.00..
i really don't think you can compete with that....but you are closer to me than they are.....i will stop by someday to say what's up
check you out if that's alright??
Old 03-30-2005, 11:15 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

one more thing...a little advice to ya..i know you have good intentions,but don't just advertise...introduce yourself,and be part of the growing family.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:19 PM
team_lethal

Believe me, i am not just in this for the $$$, i have been a mustang fanatic since birth, additionally, i like to let people know they have a choice. As for the labor, i am not sure what it would cost exactly, i do not do the estimates, but i can assure you we can do the same work for the same price a slingblade or less. P.S. I know the guys at slingblade and they asked me to work for them, but I am just too busy now. I may do some side work with them in the future. They are good people. Thanks all!

And please, everyone, stop by any time Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:31 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

so where you at????exactly where... chris is cool.....did you see there entry in 5.0 magazine??"king of the street"????
third place...with the belt slipping off!!!640rwhp is what they made at the shop..i just wish they didn't live so far....maybe some friday
i'll swing by....good luck too
Old 03-31-2005, 10:47 PM
team_lethal

ORIGINAL: grabbem88

so where you at????exactly where... chris is cool.....did you see there entry in 5.0 magazine??"king of the street"????
third place...with the belt slipping off!!!640rwhp is what they made at the shop..i just wish they didn't live so far....maybe some friday
i'll swing by....good luck too

i did not see the magazine article, sorry. That sounds pretty cool, though. They are very cool out there. I can mail you a business card and flyer, or more if you want to give them to people you think might want them...just let me know where to send them and how many.

Our location is actually very simple. We are right across the road fromt he big white and blue NIEMANN FLOORING building on IL-13. We are right next to Williams heating & cooling, on the other side of Williams is the health department. From Carbondale, take IL-13 toward Murphysboro, make a Right on health Dept. Rd., Make a left on Murdale Gardens Rd. We are right there (R&M Automotive). From Murphysboro, take IL-13 toward Carbondale, go Left on Health Dept. Rd., then Left on Murdale Gardens Rd.

Thanks!

You can call any time as well.

618-684-5812
Ask for Carl!
Old 03-31-2005, 10:53 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

will do...i'll be coming from ava black top...i'm from sparta....by the way....
Old 03-31-2005, 10:59 PM
team_lethal

ORIGINAL: grabbem88

will do...i'll be coming from ava black top...i'm from sparta....by the way....

I live right by the Apple City place on Ava blacktop. Just turn Right at the stop sign, go down to the last light, go Left like you are going to Carbondale, then follow the directions I gave from IL-13 (from murphysboro). I go through sparta a lot...to see my kid in SOuth County.

Quick Reply: Performance shop in Southern, IL