2005mach1
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Lapeer/Milan Meet & RACE?

I'd like to go, keep me posted
Old 07-24-2008, 09:40 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

So we have decided that it will be on a Saturday morning/noon/afternoon TNT. Now, what do you guys think for the date? Keep in mind how the weather will be. I know we can't decide when it will rain, but think about when it will cool off and not be so humid, greater for racing conditions....I want to have the majority of people run new bests.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:44 PM
downriverT
3rd Gear Member

Optimum time would be early october but then you run into high chance of rain. I like the 13th or 20th of september won't be cool yet but we might get lucky and less chance of rain.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:04 PM
Darkcrime
4th Gear Member

how's the track at lapeer? Do people usually run faster/slower there? I've been to milan (and Norwalk but didn't run that day).
Old 07-25-2008, 02:55 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Hmm...Lapeer is kind of hit or miss. My backyard has a better bathroom than they do, but the food isn't bad. It kind of makes Milan look higher class, since the pit area/parking lot is all dirt, and to get your timeslip, you need to go to the side of concession stand where they have a small window and tell them your car number. The entire crew seemed friendly though.

The track itself seems more like a runway instead of a drag strip. There are no lines at all, and it's not exactly smooth, but its not bumpy enough to make a car feel unstable. There are three turn off's at the end, which all lead to one long return lane that goes all the way to the pit/parking lot, and then the staging area. As for hooking ability, maybe the day I went they had it prepped more for the bracket races, but I did pretty good on DRs.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:05 AM
buster
4th Gear Member

all equal distance for me. Anybody want to try something different, like Grand Bend Motorplex? It's about 45 mins past Port Huron in Ontario. It's nice little tourist town on Lake Huron with a great beach.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:53 AM
JimC

Grand Bend could be interesting. I've never been there before. What is their calendar like for the fall (test and tune dates on a Saturday?)
Old 07-25-2008, 11:13 AM
7STANG
99GTverts minion

Grand Bend is a great town - used to go to the Pinery camping all the time but that is a little to far fo me and really far for the downriver guys.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:53 PM
downriverT
3rd Gear Member

Buster thats a great idea for another time. Talk to JimC or me about getting that going I see only the die hard track junkie showing up for that. Its 3+ hour ride for most of us. I am also guessing since 7stang is so high on the city it has a large homosexual population. 99 might wanna give a pm to the mods to see if we can get this stickied once we hammer out a few more details.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:12 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

ORIGINAL: downriverT

Buster thats a great idea for another time. Talk to JimC or me about getting that going I see only the die hard track junkie showing up for that. Its 3+ hour ride for most of us. I am also guessing since 7stang is so high on the city it has a large homosexual population. 99 might wanna give a pm to the mods to see if we can get this stickied once we hammer out a few more details.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Buster, that track is quite a distance for most...probably best for another day/event.

What I would like to do is PM some others and see if they can get in here and post a bit. I think some may be a little chicken**** to run their car, but we will just have to wait and see.

Quick Reply: Lapeer/Milan Meet & RACE?