Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Oakland County Mustang Club?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 10:12 AM
lClutchl
3rd Gear Member

Default Oakland County Mustang Club?

I'd like to know how many people in the Oakland County area of Michigan would be interested in a new Mustang/Ford club.

Right now there are two Mustang clubs that serve the SE Michigan area:

Mustang Club Of Mid-Michigan

and

Mustang Owners of Southeastern Michigan

After really studying both of these clubs for over a year, I've found that neither meets the needs for our area. Mid-Michigan is a VERY active club, but most of the activities are located north of Birch Run (above Flint). SE Michigan is just plain un-responsive... I've tried to get membership info via the website and even attending the (1) show they advertised this year without any luck.

So basically we have a very active club which is out of our area, and a in-active club on our doorstep. I'd like to start a new club that would bring more attention to the Fords/Mustangs of Oakland county. I'm tired of the Chevy/Mopar/Pontiac clubs ruling the area! I've seen a lot of Outstanding examples of Ford products scattered about at the local shows. Let's get them together!

Let me know what you guys/gals think...

Clutch
Old 07-21-2005, 03:10 PM
babygurl2000
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Oakland County Mustang Club?

the first link don't work.
i would be careful posting links to other clubs btw. Its against the forum rules. Just so you are aware....
I appreciate it because I want to join a local club here in Michigan.
thanks man
Julie*
Old 07-21-2005, 03:47 PM
lClutchl
3rd Gear Member

Thanks BBG, but the first link works, their site just goes down quite a bit.

I'm not aware of any rule against linking to a club. In any case, neither of them have message boards, and this is not a post to recruit members for them (ie.. not advertising).

You're kind of out in the boonies for clubs... here I am bitching about having to drive to Frankenmuth!
Old 07-22-2005, 12:48 PM
1970 mach1
2nd Gear Member

I'm with you 100 % Clutch and everyone I run with is with us to.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:22 PM
fordfe428c

cars show here in springfield,mo sat july 30 at 4pm to 8pm at high street bapist church all year of cars and moleds.$ 5.00 to enter car..david hoyt [IMG][/IMG] church on east gate. if your coming south on us 65 make left on to division st make frist right past stop light, go s on eastgate big church on the left.if you are coming noth on us 65 make right on to division st make right .go pass frist stop light make frist right on to east gate church on the left ,if your coming east or weast on I44 go south on us 65 go to division st make left go pass stop light and make frist right on to eastgate church on the left...
Old 07-28-2005, 01:14 AM
lClutchl
3rd Gear Member

-???-

Ok, I've talked to at least 10 people that really want a Ford club in our area. I'll be setting up a preliminary website in the next week or so to provide info. I'll probably pass out some flyers at shows after the website is online.

Old 07-28-2005, 09:32 AM
1970 mach1
2nd Gear Member

I can have my son help with web site if you would like some professional help with it and I wasn't referring to a head doctor. LOL I'm with ya what do you need done.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:52 AM
lClutchl
3rd Gear Member

Outstanding Bob! I may take you up on that.

Ok here is a preliminary flyer/home page...

Southern Michigan Ford Lincoln Mercury Club
New Club based in Oakland County!

Why generate another club?

We have more classic car activity in this area than any other spot in Michigan. Every brand seems to be represented – Mopar – Chevy – Pontiac. What’s missing? No Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, or even Mustang clubs! In my opinion this is a crime!

Don’t let our kids grow up with a warped sense of automotive styling… They need to see the good stuff starting at an early age! Let’s get the ball rolling and unite - I’d like to see rows of Fords dominate the local shows! Think of all the advantages of a club… *Part swapping *Expert advice and help *Cool people to hang out with.

What’s the catch?

For now, nothing… except your time. Since we are starting something new, there is no way of telling exactly where it will go. For the rest of the 2005 season I would like to have anyone interested to simply show up at highlighted events and say “Hi”. If we have enough interest through this season, we will better define the organization over the winter break.

Interested? Please Contact:
Ed Frank
edwardjfrank@comcast.net
Suggestions/changes? Everything including the name is up in the air.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:14 PM
1970 mach1
2nd Gear Member

I'll start with about 10 new members counting myself and hand out some flyers to this Club going. I now nominate you Ed Frank President of the Oakland Mustang & Ford Club of Michigan and I will except your nomination as V.P. of the Club, now lets get to work !!!
Lets get r done !!!
Oakland Mustang Club Lives as of now.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:22 PM
lClutchl
3rd Gear Member

Great Bob... er... I mean Mr. VP!

I like your version better:

Oakland Mustang & Ford Club of Michigan
New Club based in Oakland County!

Why generate another club?

We have more classic car activity in this area than any other spot in Michigan. Every brand seems to be represented – Mopar – Chevy – Pontiac. What’s missing? No Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, or even Mustang clubs! In my opinion this is a crime!

Don’t let our kids grow up with a warped sense of automotive styling… They need to see the good stuff starting at an early age! Let’s get the ball rolling and unite - I’d like to see rows of Fords dominate the local shows! Think of all the advantages of a club… *Part swapping *Expert advice and help *Cool people to hang out with.

What’s the catch?

For now, nothing… except your time. Since we are starting something new, there is no way of telling exactly where it will go. For the rest of the 2005 season I would like to have anyone interested to simply show up at highlighted events and say “Hi”. If we have enough interest through this season, we will better define the organization over the winter break.

Interested? Please Contact:
Ed Frank
edwardjfrank@comcast.net

Quick Reply: Oakland County Mustang Club?