Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

St. Louis People: help

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 01:32 AM
nevets87

Default St. Louis People: help

I need help for a business class and would appreciate it if you could read this and fill out the survey.

You can PM me the survey if you do not want info disclosed publicly.

This survey is to get feedback on a business plan idea for an SIUC Management 471 Class Project. This survey is not part of a formal research project and will only be used to help me do my class project. Participation is voluntary, confidential, and very much appreciated.

Concept Statement
Boost Tuning & Fabrication Shop

Service

Boost Tuning & Fabrication will provide aftermarket support, tuning, and performance upgrades to the St. Louis region. We will provide an all-wheel drive dyno to cater to AWD, RWD, and FWD vehicles. We specialize in open source, piggyback and standalone tuning services. We will also offer custom fabrication and off the shelf products to our consumers as well as installation services. Boost Tuning & Fabrication will have a building that will house the dyno as well as lifts and alignment racks. We will concentrate on tuning and building road race cars.

Target Market

Boost Tuning & Fabrication will start with a small facility in the St. Louis region offering services to any automobile enthusiast looking to enhance their vehicles performance. We will specifically be marketing to OBD II vehicle owners. OBD II vehicles require advanced technology and software in order to tune.

Why Boost Tuning & Fabrication?

The St. Louis region currently lacks knowledgeable shops which offer tuning services of OBD II vehicles. Owners of these vehicles currently must travel to the Chicago or Kansas City regions for this type of service. We want to make it easier for enthusiasts in the St. Louis region to have their vehicles built and tuned without having to travel far and wide.

Special Feature- Quality Customer Service

Boost Tuning & Fabrication will offer top of the line customer service, which is something lacking in the automotive aftermarket. Being an active member on many automotive forums, we have found consistent complaints about customer service from some of the leading shops in the industry. Many of these shops are good at fabricating and tuning but lack the business knowledge necessary to keep their customers happy. Our mix of automotive and business knowledge will help us gain a competitive advantage over our competitors.

Management Team

Boost Tuning & Fabrication will be managed by Sean Evans and Steven Massarsky. Both Sean and Steven posses automotive degrees from Southern Illinois University, the top automotive school in the nation. In addition to their automotive degrees, both also have degrees in Business Management, specializing in entrepreneurship.

Buying Intentions Survey

Where do you currently have your scheduled maintenance done on your vehicle?

Where do you currently have aftermarket parts installed on your vehicle?

Where do you currently have your vehicle tuned for performance modifications?

What are some of your complaints about the current shops you use to purchase parts for and to work on your vehicle?

How likely would you be to utilize the shop listed in the concept statement if it were opened in your area?

Definitely would use

Probably would use

Might or might not use

Probably would not use

Definitely would not use

Thanks for the help everyone!

You can PM me the info if you do not want it disclosed publicly!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:43 AM
nevets87

bump it up, please help, i need 15 people to fill out this survey. It is on several regional forums.