Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

2010 MustangForums.com Michigan/Northern US M&G!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

Default 2010 MustangForums.com Michigan/Northern US M&G!

Like last year, this year's M&G will be held during the Clinton Township Gratiot Cruise!! We have arranged with the cruise organizers to have a good parking area for the site members, where we will be able to go cruise and come back to reserved parking spots. Link to last years cruise post.

Full Event Information!!!

When: The cruise is on Sunday, August 1, 2010. Here is the link to the cruise site.

Where: We have worked out a deal with the PowerHouse Gym at the corner of Gratiot and Metro Parkway (16 mile), and the show runs from noon to 6pm. However, we will need volunteers who are willing to show up early in the morning to help block off our area. Here is an overhead image of our area, shaded in. The green line runs along the prime spots, and those 50 or so will be based on who "signs up" in this thread first. If you sign up for a spot and have not shown up by 1pm, your spot may be given away. The Red line shows the path to get to our area from Gratiot.

What: The Clinton Township Gratiot Cruise was started to make a nice cruise that wasnt as over-publicized as the Woodward Dream Cruise. Over the past few years, the Gratiot Cruise has grown substantially in size.

Who: The M&G is open to all members of MustangForums. however, we only have access to about 50 (give or take) roadside spots, so as members sign up, if you are CERTAIN that you will be there, please say so as the first 50 members will get the prime spots. There is plenty of room for way more than 50 cars, but those first 50 or so will get prime parking along the road. Dont let this 50 car "limit" discourage anyway....there is tons of room. Depending on what room we have available, we will make an area for any non-members who own Mustangs and happen to cruise in to check out the other cars. The Gym is having things like food, a childrens area, and a band, so this is something that would be friendly and fun for the whole family. Near the end of our parking area there is a pretty large grassy area that kids could play in as well.

Price: This is free to members. In the same area as our designated parking area, there is a Quiznos, a Boston Market, and some pizza shop. There is a CVS across the street, so anything that you dont bring, you can get nearby (batteries, food, drinks, etc). I will be bringing MF decals, and theyre 2 bucks a piece. I will have silver, black, red, and white and they are first come first serve. We do ask that if youre coming, you bring your own chairs, especially is you want to cruise. The parking spots will be saved, but bring something to block your spot while cruising such as a chair or cone..etc. I wil be bringing a 10x10 tent, but I dont have room for tables in my car. If anyone has a way of bringing a table, that would be great.

RSVP: So, who's in? I will be there with my red Demon. Please answer the poll accordingly and post up...this is very important if you want one of the roadside spots.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:48 PM
JimC

I plan to be there this year --

did you get my PM reply?
Old 04-01-2010, 09:11 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

any meets closer to philly? Clinton Township is about 3 hours away from me me and my friend MIGHT be there (also a mustang owner)... dont count on us though. i would like too, but not sure yet.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:05 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Well I haven't missed one yet so count me in
Tim
Old 04-01-2010, 10:30 PM
2005mach1
4th Gear Member

I'll be there
Old 04-03-2010, 05:32 PM
JimC

I told Demon I would try to keep track of who is attending for this as well as the Port Huron Cruise night on July 9.

Plan to attend:
Jim --- JimC
Bill --- 2005mach1
Tim -- BraMas

A definite "maybe"
Budders
Budder's friend
Old 04-04-2010, 03:49 AM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Looks like fun , I have family down there so count me in.
Chris.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:47 AM
Wildpig51
2nd Gear Member

I'm in first come first get the front 50.....?
Old 04-04-2010, 09:37 AM
5.0kid
5th Gear Member

im in and my dad
Old 04-04-2010, 10:05 AM
06steeda
2nd Gear Member

We'll be there Jim. Budders some of our group will be going to the Ford Nationals in Carlisle Jun 3rd-6th, that should be a little closer.lol

Quick Reply: 2010 MustangForums.com Michigan/Northern US M&G!