Minnesota Regional Chapter Chapter President: sonicx

Member List

Old 07-19-2010, 01:06 PM
p51mstg
2nd Gear Member

I wish! Nope, no P-51 in my stable, but I rent a C-172 that sometimes shares space with a P-51 called Sierra Sue, maybe you've heard of it?

I got to sit in Gunfighter one time, and that was a real thrill - plane fits like a glove! One of these days, I need to "pony" up the cash for a ride with Stallion51 down in Florida, but that's as close as I'll probably get to putting P-51 flight time in my log book.

Next on my list, though, is a tailwheel endorsement - I've heard that's a good way to improve stick and rudder skills.

Originally Posted by maxshuty
P51 - Welcome - do you actually have a P51?
I fly a C172, but there is a P51 parked right next to the plane I fly... it's beautiful!
Old 07-20-2010, 02:22 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by p51mstg
Oh, ya, you bet. I'm from West Concord... that's west of Concord, MN

I agree with sonicx - the right tires will get you where ever you want to go.

I'm old enough to remember when even the imports were rear wheel drive, and it's no big deal to drive in the winter with a Mustang. Heck, no true-blooded Minnesotan should be scared of rear wheel drive, now that I think about it - nobody else has as many snowmobiles, motorcycles and boats as we do!
Welcome aboard.... glad to have added members here on the MN boarders. You'll be recieving a PM sortly

Originally Posted by bcraig123
Hey guys Blake here from Blaine just bought my 2002 mustang gt love it so far looking to do some exhaust and intake throttle body and so forth in the near future glad to be apart of the forum.
Glad to see new members sign up while i was away. BTW... i'm sorry but were you the gentleman whom came up to me by my car? or Not @ Car Craft this past weekend? Just curious. Well look around these threads and if you need anything post it up. You won't be able to PM until you get a 50 post count. So i won't be able to PM you the MN sig badge. So if you wont it. Post up in the clubhouse section & ill hook you up.

PS: At the 50 post count contact AMstanger (Emily) over at American Muscle . com for a store discount code. It'll help you save money on parts in such. So i'd hold off until then on throttle body.

BBK, Acufab, Trickflow are some popular t/b choices. As for which size to choose:
70mm - if you only plan on bolt-ons
75mm - if your thinking about or planning on going s/c in the future & or full bolt-ons, cams, etc
78mm - if you going to totally beef up the engine & are s/c

Last edited by sonicx; 07-20-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:20 PM
scseg
1st Gear Member

Smile

Hi guys. Im Scott from Chaska, MN. Been on forum a couple years. Very nice to see Minnesota talk. Doesnt seem like much goes on in this state..lol.
I would love to be a member even though I dont have a fancy powerfull car.lol
Old 07-22-2010, 10:54 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by p51mstg
I wish! Nope, no P-51 in my stable, but I rent a C-172 that sometimes shares space with a P-51 called Sierra Sue, maybe you've heard of it?

I got to sit in Gunfighter one time, and that was a real thrill - plane fits like a glove! One of these days, I need to "pony" up the cash for a ride with Stallion51 down in Florida, but that's as close as I'll probably get to putting P-51 flight time in my log book.

Next on my list, though, is a tailwheel endorsement - I've heard that's a good way to improve stick and rudder skills.
Let me guess - you fly N1489U? Roger owns the P51 Called Sierra Sue! I live in Austin, and I fly a C172 - N1489U. I worked out at the airport there for a year or so with Bruce and Kyle.
Where are you from?!
Old 07-22-2010, 11:06 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by scseg
Hi guys. Im Scott from Chaska, MN. Been on forum a couple years. Very nice to see Minnesota talk. Doesnt seem like much goes on in this state..lol.
I would love to be a member even though I dont have a fancy powerfull car.lol
Welcome Scott... yea this board is slowly drawing in the Minnesotans. For a while there i was thinking there was like 2 ppl on here from our state. Hey a mustang is a mustang, all are welcomed. I must admit i do like the running pony you have there.

This is just kinda a good place to meet up & such. I've posted up upcoming car shows in one of the threads. Feel free to add to the list as well. Im planning on attending the ALL FORD SHOW @ Apple Valley Ford in early SEPT. My club puts it on & its really really good

Check your PM also.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:09 PM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

Hey guys -

I'm Ric from Eden Prairie. Been on the boards for awhile, never noticed the MN page ha!

I'm up at BIR pretty frequently during the summer, too.

Ric
Old 11-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Trekker-1701
2nd Gear Member

Hi All,

I've been on MF for a few months now, and just noticed the Minnesota Regional Chapter. Count me in! I know it's winter now, so there won't be much in the way of car shows and such here in the northland, but I guess we can all just endure the winter and wish for warmer weather.

If you could send me the Minnesota sig, I would certainly appreciate it.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:48 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by Trekker-1701
Hi All,

I've been on MF for a few months now, and just noticed the Minnesota Regional Chapter. Count me in! I know it's winter now, so there won't be much in the way of car shows and such here in the northland, but I guess we can all just endure the winter and wish for warmer weather.

If you could send me the Minnesota sig, I would certainly appreciate it.
Welcome

PM has been sent. Please stop by often & contribute.... this board gets lonely often here .
Old 12-02-2010, 11:26 PM
jp1967stang
2nd Gear Member

Ill join this. John here from Oakdale thats where the lady still lives, parents moved to farmington, and i go to school in mankato mnsu. Got a few stangs into mostly classics but have owned my fair share of fox through 02 stangs.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:07 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by jp1967stang
Ill join this. John here from Oakdale thats where the lady still lives, parents moved to farmington, and i go to school in mankato mnsu. Got a few stangs into mostly classics but have owned my fair share of fox through 02 stangs.
Welcome John... once you get to 50post you'll recieve a pm from me & recieve your badge. Looking forward hopefully to seeing more of you around MF. Sorry you have to wait . 50post is when members are allowed to PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Member List