CDC at Mustang Memories - August 12th!!! - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

MOCSEM (Mustang Owners Club Of Southeastern Michigan)

Old 08-20-2012, 08:08 AM   #11
CDCSales
Former Sponsor

Awesome pictures, Jim! I can't wait to wrap up this build so we can show it off to more people. My personal favorite upgrades are what we've done with the front (Performance Grille and RTR Chin Spoiler) and those custom Door Sill Plates. Everything together looks awesome!
CDCSales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #12
JimC

I did a mock up of the grill with a badge like we spoke about Jake. This is just scotch taped in place to see how it looked, using the fender badge from my first Mustang (1965 black convertible, 289 with 4 barrel carb and 3 speed manual). I found the badge in a drawer when I was organizing the filing cabinet in the home office, I knew it would come in handy some day!

Now I just need you guys to get the badge mount done and find a badge that fits (or make this one fit which would be interesting having an original fender badge on the 2013)

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #13
CDCSales
Former Sponsor

Jim, you'll be notified as soon as we have the badge mounts in for the Performance Grille. Finding a tri-bar pony emblem shouldn't be an issue for either of us. I'm not sure we have one here in the shop, but you can easily pick one up for around $30 that will do just fine. The nice thing about the badge mount is that you can essentially place any badge on it with 3M tape!
CDCSales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #14
JimC

Sounds good Jake. I think it will finish off the grill nicely - I might try to clean up this old badge and remove the locating "prongs" off the back, and repaint the tri-bar. I don't know if that will be more trouble than its worth compared to the price of a new one though; plus I'm the only one who would know it was a 1965 badge.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:55 PM   #15
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Sounds good Jake. I think it will finish off the grill nicely - I might try to clean up this old badge and remove the locating "prongs" off the back, and repaint the tri-bar. I don't know if that will be more trouble than its worth compared to the price of a new one though; plus I'm the only one who would know it was a 1965 badge.
Now we all know!
Maraman is offline   Reply With Quote