Motor Swap Section Tech and Follow-My-Build Threads for members looking to put a different engine in their Mustang

98 mustang 5.0 swap

Old 12-04-2014, 09:39 AM
Dhebert91

Default 98 mustang 5.0 swap

Hello I am new on here and am having a little issue I have 1998 v6 auto mustang i swapped a 95 5.0 5spd in it at first I swapped just the engine harness it would crank so and start no fuel pump prime. So I swapped the body harness fuel pump will come on but my abs light would stay on and anti theft flash fast and not crank with the key so I swapped the interior harness anti theft is off abs light still on still no crank. I use my power probe to put power to the relay itl start and run fine I am getting no starting signal the clutch pedal switch is hooked up. Fuse panel ground is as well as the ground strap to the engine is hooked up the box on the over flow tank comes on and clicks as well. Also don't know if it matters but when I turn the key on my left brake light comes on?? Also I swapped the 95 tank in it and de pinned and re pinned the connector. Im thinking ground but not sure where to start i have access to mitchell and diagrams. This is my daily and I have no ride to work now and it is becoming increasingly difficult to find rides and soon might cost me my job so any help would be greatly appreciated thank you -drew
Old 12-04-2014, 09:45 AM
Dhebert91

I also used the 98 steering column don't know if that matters
Old 12-04-2014, 09:59 AM
Dhebert91

Also the body harness i used the fuse panel was wet from where hood was open and got rained on i have another body harness i have 2 donor mustangs 95s
Old 08-27-2017, 12:23 PM
Brandon Hoke

Originally Posted by Dhebert91
Hello I am new on here and am having a little issue I have 1998 v6 auto mustang i swapped a 95 5.0 5spd in it at first I swapped just the engine harness it would crank so and start no fuel pump prime. So I swapped the body harness fuel pump will come on but my abs light would stay on and anti theft flash fast and not crank with the key so I swapped the interior harness anti theft is off abs light still on still no crank. I use my power probe to put power to the relay itl start and run fine I am getting no starting signal the clutch pedal switch is hooked up. Fuse panel ground is as well as the ground strap to the engine is hooked up the box on the over flow tank comes on and clicks as well. Also don't know if it matters but when I turn the key on my left brake light comes on?? Also I swapped the 95 tank in it and de pinned and re pinned the connector. Im thinking ground but not sure where to start i have access to mitchell and diagrams. This is my daily and I have no ride to work now and it is becoming increasingly difficult to find rides and soon might cost me my job so any help would be greatly appreciated thank you -drew
did u ever find a way to get this to work I have a 98 gt that I put a 95 cobra into it and tuning into same problem