Motor Swap Section Tech and Follow-My-Build Threads for members looking to put a different engine in their Mustang

06 V6 motor/tranny swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 02:43 PM
Ford4LIfe97

Cool 06 V6 motor/tranny swap

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and looking for some in-sight. I currently have a 2006 with the 4.0L motor and automatic transmission. The performance of it is impressive for a V6, but I am looking for something more. After extensive research online, I have yet to find a twin (or even single) turbo kit for this motor. Would it be better to V8 swap it? I also would like to install a manual transmission. What are my options here? I've seen the American Powertrain conversion kits, but they arent available for my car. Are there any options other than the stock 5 speed manual? How can I tell if it will bolt up and fit? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 10-19-2017, 11:13 AM
svastano
4th Gear Member

If you really want to do a swap to a V8 you better have a donor car. Too many parts to piece meal it. Better off with turbo's or a Supercharger.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:56 AM
Ford4LIfe97

Assuming I could get a donor car, which would be a better investment? Donor car or turbo/supercharger?