Motor Swap Section Tech and Follow-My-Build Threads for members looking to put a different engine in their Mustang

New here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 03:09 PM
Mac3rd2012

Default New here!

So I'm new to this website so forgive me if I post in the wrong area. Anyways, I recently just bought myself a 95 Mustang with a wimpy V6 in her. And like most gear heads on here, I want something bigger and better! So I've been looking around my area for a 5.0 motor. Basically my question is, do I need to find a 5.0 from a 95 model or can it be from any year? I'm asking with the idea of as little engine bay fabrication as possible (motor mounts mostly), cuz my experience with that is, well, none lol. I've swapped motors for other people but they were all direct fits. So Im trying to find a motor that'll be the same for me. Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-22-2017, 12:13 AM
imp
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mac3rd2012
So I'm new to this website so forgive me if I post in the wrong area. Anyways, I recently just bought myself a 95 Mustang with a wimpy V6 in her. And like most gear heads on here, I want something bigger and better! So I've been looking around my area for a 5.0 motor. Basically my question is, do I need to find a 5.0 from a 95 model or can it be from any year? I'm asking with the idea of as little engine bay fabrication as possible (motor mounts mostly), cuz my experience with that is, well, none lol. I've swapped motors for other people but they were all direct fits. So Im trying to find a motor that'll be the same for me. Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Good for you! Any 5.0 can be made to work, depending on your level of experience. The basic fitment of the engine bay of Foxes was changed in '94. Since 5.0s were available in Mustang in '95, it's a drop-in to convert. Except: computer, harnesses, exhaust system, wiring, fuel supply locations, etc., etc. Still want to try? We are here to help, not discourage. Forget about engine bay fabrication, there will be none. Good luck.

Last edited by imp; 11-22-2017 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:19 PM
Mac3rd2012

Awesome I appreciate the advice! I'm absolutely still going to try this winter. I'm in the process of looking for a decent 5.0 block now. I'm looking to do a total rebuild, my goal this upcoming spring/summer is a supercharger but I want to do the block up right; forged pistons, rods, crank, etc. My experience with motors is good, like I said I've just never had to do any sort of frame fabrication or anything like that in a car. But I'm always up for a challenge and to learn something new! I'm just glad I found this site, there's a lot of helpful insight on here!
Old 11-22-2017, 02:21 PM
Mac3rd2012

Also I'm already aware of the wiring and computer and all that fun stuff, I just wasn't sure if only certain 5.0 motors would fit in my 95 directly or if any of them would. But again thank you for the insight!
Old 11-22-2017, 11:09 PM
imp
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mac3rd2012
Also I'm already aware of the wiring and computer and all that fun stuff, I just wasn't sure if only certain 5.0 motors would fit in my 95 directly or if any of them would. But again thank you for the insight!
You are more than welcome!