Motor Swap Section Tech and Follow-My-Build Threads for members looking to put a different engine in their Mustang

2012 v6 mustang swap with 2015 coyote engine

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 08:29 PM
maxw1229

Default 2012 v6 mustang swap with 2015 coyote engine

First let me address that my 2012 mustang is my first car and it is what got me into loving cars. The moment I first turned her on and heard the engine growl I knew I could never get rid of her. Although 305hp is nice, I want so much more for her. Recently I have been looking at the 2015-17 coyote engine to swap but might use the 18 model if it becomes available in the future. I was told that any engine upgrades should be done before putting it into the car as it would be easier than if the engine was already in. The only mod I want to do to the engine itself is to put a whipple on it. My question is what exactly do I need to convert over if I replace the engine and do I need to use 15-17 gt parts or 11-14 gt parts? I know it would be cheaper to just buy a 5.0 but my love is in projects and I find a project as big as this exhilarating. So besides costs what should I look out for, research before hand, and for the parts that cannot be used from a donor car such as brakes and other things that should be bought new where do I get them? And lastly, to have the car tuned would I use a 11-14 gt tuner or a 15-17? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:46 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Bad project from a money standpoint but since you don't care, you will need all the electrical having to do with the engine from a 15-17 donor car and any tune for that engine. Brakes and mechanicals come from the 2012 series of cars.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:26 PM
Laremm

Go to American Muscle for upgrades. For less than 900 you can add 100 hp with nitrous. Easy kit

They have blowers, but a lot of money for the return.

If you replace the engine go with a carburetor, you then take out the computer and lots of electronics.
A 427 engine.

Go to his videos, ask him about the job.