Mustang II Section The more economy minded, compact Mustangs which were offered from 1974-1978

WeatherStripping

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 09:51 PM
martyrminstrel

Default WeatherStripping

hey all, im new to this site, i have a 78 mustang II V8 T-Tops, only big problem is that it leaks from where the windo meets, basically everywhere, i need new weatherstrip kit, anyone know where i can get one for a reasonably cheap price, i have only found 1 kit soo far, and it was 250 american, if no one knows where i can get one for cheap at this time, any suggestions, it sucks because i live in Vancouver BC, very rainy this time of year, and i have to keep a tarp over it, cant drive it. I have tried Canopy tape, (which is like a sponge tape, and it didn't work, the only way it would work is if it looked like ****.

Any help would be great, thanks all
Old 04-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Blue coyote

Default RE: WeatherStripping

I only know of the sets From rebelmustang and C.A.R. (listed in the vendors section at mustangii.net)

Whereabouts in Vancouver are you? There's more local online II owners than you'd expect! I know of at least one in Richmond, Port Moody, Pitt Meadows, Surrey, and at least two of us near Metrotown (including me). Plus a couple more over on the Island.

Welcome aboard! And if you're in the area, feel free to stop by on a weekend. I'm near Metrotown on Imperial. The house looks like its under seige by II's (78 Ghia, 78 coupe, 77 Cobra II on or near the driveway)

My 78 T-top is under cover, and I don't remember if it leaks or not (been under cover more than a decade now)

Old 04-13-2007, 10:40 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

we need pics guys LOL, i'f i make a members rides thread in the FAQ will you guys post em up?

i think mustangs unlimited carries some weatherstripping - cant remember offhand [&:]
Old 04-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Blue coyote

ORIGINAL: my77stang

we need pics guys LOL, i'f i make a members rides thread in the FAQ will you guys post em up?
Only if you promise to explain the procedure for posting pics to this old and only semi-Eliterate dinosoar.

Mind you, I've been after the wife to take pics of my II's for a long time (years!) and I still don't have many...So I'll have to figure out this digital camera nonsense and then the transfer to my computer, then posting.....Oh damn, not sure when I'll be able to actually work ON my cars....
Old 04-13-2007, 11:02 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

lol

first, you go to somewhere that hosts the pictures like www.imageshack.us and you upload your photo. they give you the option of resizing, 640x480 is a good large size for car pics without being TOO big to post on here. once you click "upload" it will give you links to your newly uploaded photo. the link you want to use is the "direct link to image". so highlight that and right click / then copy....

next, when your making a post in the forums. on the toolbar all the way on the right is a yellow square icon of a mountain thingy.... click that and then right click / paste the link from where your picture is located.

its actually really easy once you do it once
Old 04-13-2007, 11:09 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

step 1.....

step 2......

step 3......

Old 04-13-2007, 11:41 PM
gwb16
2nd Gear Member

I ordered new weather stripping from www.mustangsunlimited.com
They were - or so I felt - very reasonable. Of course, if it's needed badly enough, almost any price would seem reasonable! LOL! Sometimes you can catch a weather stripping kit on eBay for a little better price than Mustangs Unlimited......good luck with your search!
Old 04-14-2007, 12:06 AM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

im glad to see this section getting used - its been more active over the past couple days than it ever has.... WHOO HOO!!!!!
Old 04-14-2007, 12:29 AM
martyrminstrel

yeah looking on the Mustang II network i found, what may be what i need for $50 but im not sure, because the door window is what is leaking basically, and the listing i found is :
77-78 T-top glass panels to door window weatherstrips.
I will include some pictures at a later date, because my car is at my work right now while i work on it.
Also yeah, blue coyote, i used to have an account on here, but forgot password and such, and i think you may have responded to a post of mine for failing air care, well i am pretty sure it was failing air care, because there is no Catalytic converter on it, so its just headers, then exhaust pipe, then muffler. And i also had a no start problem, i replaced the fuel pump, and now it starts like a dream. But i used to live in Burnaby, off of kingsway, on 13th, now im in Vancouver on Fairmont off of Kingsway, just by the Dairqueen, and purdys chocolate factory. But like i said i can only work on my car during working hours, because i brought it to my work.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:38 AM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

sounds like the piece you need is the piece you found. if money permits, i highly recommend replacing the whole deal in one shot. kinda pricey but you'll be able to trim stuff to fit and wont be kicking yourself for not trimming it properly later.

btw, do you have a stiff rubber flap thats on the t-top and goes over the top edge of the door's window?

Quick Reply: WeatherStripping