An update. The blue MII is up on the jack stands and work has once again started. Yes, I know, I'm waaaaay behind schedule. Gonna really have to kick a** on this thing to be ready for her birthday...
- Checked the electrical systems and it's in pretty good shape. All the lights/turn signals are fine. Had power in the engine bay where it was supposed to, and none in places it wasn't supposed to be.
- Gas tank is good and clean. No issues.
- Window regulators are good
- Rear window defroster is working(Getting power to the glass at least)
- Cologne v6 runs... barely... kinda... ish
- All the weatherstrip is shot
- Shifter is broken
- Turn signal switch in column is screwed up
The plan- rather than thrash to try to get the crappy v6 running I made a quick trip down to Indy over the weekend and scored this...
A running 302. It's a little dirty, but saw it running before we pulled it. about 30,000 on the rebuild, no smoke, 60lbs oil pressure $400 can't beat that. It'll get fresh paint, new intake and carb.
I'll keep the C4 from the v6 car. I need to get the MII specific bellhousing and a flexplate. Maybe I can find someone who wants the 4sp bellhousing and flywheel as a trade. I kept the v8 exhaust manifolds from the black MII we started with, so I'm good there. Should be an easy swap.
I got the 5 lug conversion for the front. Hope to get it put in in the next week or so. I think I'll replace the bushings too since I'm in it this far. I'd like to get some stiffer springs for the front, but not real sure what to get. Maybe a MII person has some info for me? hint hint...
I haven't decided what to do for the rear end. If I keep the 8" and redrill it to 5 lug I need to get a trac-loc for it and I want to swap it to disc rear. That's gonna add up $$ wise, but I can keep the original rear end housing, and the drive shaft doesn't change. Or I swap to the narrowed Explorer rear, that gives me the trac-loc and the discs, but I have to narrow it and possibly get the driveshaft modified.- trying to decide... I have equipment/skills to go either way just don't know which is better going forward. Suggestions??