Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

SHELBY ORDER IN - RECEIVED DORA TODAY

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 07:18 PM
craner

Default SHELBY ORDER IN - RECEIVED DORA TODAY

My order was placed on Monday 4/24/06. I received DORA this morning. EBONY COUPE/TUNGSTEN STRIPES/GR INTERIOR/IUP/SIRIUS SATELLITE/SHAKER 1000. PRIORITY CODE 10. PARTIAL VIN# WITH DORA.
VERY, VERY EXCITED!!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 07:31 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: SHELBY ORDER IN - RECEIVED DORA TODAY

Congrats! Let us know more about it as you find out.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:20 AM
murph

ORIGINAL: craner

My order was placed on Monday 4/24/06. I received DORA this morning. EBONY COUPE/TUNGSTEN STRIPES/GR INTERIOR/IUP/SIRIUS SATELLITE/SHAKER 1000. PRIORITY CODE 10. PARTIAL VIN# WITH DORA.
VERY, VERY EXCITED!!!!
Congratulations. My order was placed on March 17, 2006. However, what is DORA?
Old 04-27-2006, 02:31 AM
murph

VERY, VERY EXCITED!!!!
Like I said in my first reply, congrats, however, not to bring you down, [X(] but check out the link below from the more specific www.fordgt500.com forum:

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79

And be sure to read the following, found elsewhere on Mustang Forums[sm=insomnia.gif]:

(DEARBORN, MI) - StangsUnleashed.com - Dearborn, we may have a problem. An engine problem with the 2007 Shelby GT500, to be specific. StangsUnleashed has learned that the un-thinkable could happen: the upcoming launch of the GT500 could be delayed or pushed back due to an alleged engine crankshaft problem.
Sources close to the 2007 Shelby GT500 program are alleging that the crankshafts in the 5.4L GT500 engines are fracturing or breaking at the snout (nose) where the engine damper rides. The sources are alleging that the GT500 crankshaft breakage can be attributed to two complimentary issues. According to our reliable sources, Ford designed a crankshaft damper specifically for the GT500, but the damper weighs in at a hefty 26 pounds.
The weight of the GT500's damper, combined with the stress of the SuperCharger pulling on the crankshaft may be placing too much stress on the crankshaft's snout, which is causing the failures. By comparison, the balancer on the SVT Lightning's 5.4L SuperCharged engine weighs less than 1/2 of the GT500s. The GT500's balancer is similar to the Ford GTs, however is totally different from the SVT Lightning. Unlike the GT500, the SVT Lightning uses a stand alone pulley bracket support system, which threads into the damper itself.
Should the GT500 crankshaft allegations prove to be true and the launch of the GT500 is delayed, it could have a potentially devastating affect, not only on the GT500, but it could throw off the timing of other SVT products like the 2008 GT500. Moreover, consumers' feathers are already ruffled over the GT500 due to a variety of issues. Even though order banks opened weeks ago, Ford has failed to provide exterior color examples. They have also failed to provide consumers with absolute horsepower/torque ratings, MSRP pricing and keep in good communication with their PowerLease customers.
Could a crankshaft issue/delay be the reason why Ford has not released any new information on the 2007 Shelby GT500? On 19 April, we asked Ford questions about this story, however, they never responded.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:06 PM
craner

DORA stands for Dealer Order Receipt Ackowledgement. It is sent to dealer placing the order to confirm everything. Hopefully the crank issues won't hold things up.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:50 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

They don't have a price on it yet, do they? I've been keeping my eyes open on some of the other mustang forums and nobody seems to know anything yet.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: xRockThePonyx

They don't have a price on it yet, do they? I've been keeping my eyes open on some of the other mustang forums and nobody seems to know anything yet.
it's all about the marketing Get the interest up to a fever pitch and ride it out... Those that can keep on the rollercoaster are ecstatic, those that fall off or choose to stop waiting, wish they were one of those lucky few....
Old 04-27-2006, 05:28 PM
craner

No Pricing yet. Soon to be.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Theorem1
2nd Gear Member

VERY, VERY EXCITED!!!!
Can we be freinds LOL
Old 04-29-2006, 03:48 AM
murph

Hey guys that GT500KR looks to be a possibililty and by then the bugs will be worked out. I need as much time as possible for my GT 500 due to my finances right now which are tied up in this $#$@#@ing loser of a real estate market. I may have to jump off of that roller coaster if I get a call from my dealer in the near future.

Quick Reply: SHELBY ORDER IN - RECEIVED DORA TODAY