Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Car & Driver Ford Falcon article

Old 06-15-2006, 11:34 PM
stangstrong

Default RE: Car & Driver Ford Falcon article

who cares if they're puting a bigger engine in the falcon they're running the same amount of power and odds are theres extra weight with the larger displacement
Old 06-20-2006, 01:13 PM
A50SN95

FWIW, that 290 KW, not HP. That converts to 388 hp......
Old 06-20-2006, 08:01 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

That Falcon Boss engine is putting out quite a bit more than the current 4.6 in the GT's. Of course, the Falcons are much heavier than the Mustangs, so they might be pretty close in the 1/4.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:26 AM
Mustang Boy
3rd Gear Member

the main reason ford wont bring the falcon over here is bad relations see Ford America and Ford Australia dont get along because of corporate stuff if i remember right and it has been like that for many years

and i dont see y u guys r caring about the 5.4L being in the falcons cause the 4.0L I6 in the flacons r out performing the v8s over there and have been for awhile and thats y i want one of the 4.0L crossflow I6 tubo motors for my car but it costs too much to import one

and it would be hard for those to pass emissions over here if imported because over in Australia the still use leaded fuel

Old 06-25-2006, 11:09 PM
stangstrong

the only reason they still have leaded fuel in australia is for the older trucks and tractors around any modern vehical made or imported to ausiland definatly do not run leaded. its too hard on fuel injected engines to run leaded fuel.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:22 AM
joshafmil
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mustang Boy

the main reason ford wont bring the falcon over here is bad relations see Ford America and Ford Australia dont get along because of corporate stuff if i remember right and it has been like that for many years

and i dont see y u guys r caring about the 5.4L being in the falcons cause the 4.0L I6 in the flacons r out performing the v8s over there and have been for awhile and thats y i want one of the 4.0L crossflow I6 tubo motors for my car but it costs too much to import one

and it would be hard for those to pass emissions over here if imported because over in Australia the still use leaded fuel

yeah.. the I6 turbo may be faster stock... but im sure with a 5.4L you have alot more room to play. afterall i think that 5.4 is the same 351W we put in the 07 gt500 and the f150. and if thats the case, you have all that wonderful aftermarket crap you can buy for it. i much rather get the v8.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:02 AM
beastzilla02
5th Gear Member

svt is being shut down??? so no more cobras??
Old 07-03-2006, 11:37 PM
stangstrong

actualy the fact that its 5.4L is just a coincidence the ausi boss290 is built in australia for australians if you took the time to look at www.ford.com.au or www.fpv.com.au you will see a ford engine that doesn't look like any ford engine youve ever seen befor.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:59 PM
4 cam tbird

Joshafmil and strongstang, WTF are you guys talking about?

A 5.4L is not a 351W. It's an OHC mod motor. a 351W is not what is in the 07 GT500 nor has it been in an F150 in the last 10 years.

The australian motor doesn't look anything like any American motor? Are you freaking blind? It's a 4V 5.4L with a different intake manifold. It's got the exact same valve covers as any other DOHC mor motor with coil on plug.

If you don't have a clue, don't post random crap. Sorry about brining back the week old post but I ran across it in a google search and couldn't believe the retarded crap being posted.

Need proof, see here:
http://www.fastcoolcars.com/2000-cobra-r.htm

and here:
http://www.ford.co.nz/servlet/Conten...Page&c=DFYPage

note the bore and stroke of both 5.4L's. if you need mroe, find some engine pictures and open your eyes when you look at them.

The 351W is a 4 inch bore and a 3.5 inch stroke. it comes out to 5.8L's. They were known as 5.8L's in such things as the 1993-95 Ford lightning and 95 Cobra R. As opposed to the 99-04 Lightning and 00 cobra R which had the 5.4L's.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:45 PM
stangstrong

i don't know where you got the windsor motor from but i wasn't talking about that. i know its not an american engine because if you did some research you would have found that the boss 290 is built in australia meening that it doesn't use any crossover parts its just happenstance that the displacement was 5.4L now go to www.fpv.com.au and read all about it on the falcon gt-p and the super pursuit. Joshafmil is on crack saying that the 5.4L which is in the GT500 and the F150 was the same as a 351W.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car & Driver Ford Falcon article