Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Camaro Concept.. Opinions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 11:30 AM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Camaro Concept.. Opinions.

If the Challenger (with a V8) really will base around $32K, that's going to steal some major Mustang GT sales! And if what you say about the Camaro being $40K is true, it's going to once again be priced out of competition. And if it stays at that gargantuan size, it's also going to still be less practical than the Mustang. Who's going to want to maneuver that bohemoth around a parking lot, let alone trying to squeeze it through the garage door (for those of us with double garage doors. This one cuts it close for me at 74.4 inches wide:

Old 05-19-2006, 11:45 AM
pastor_ice43
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: callahan

I can draw pictures of cars. Until I see an actual production vehicle, I can't get too excited about a big maybe.
Thats why it's not a drawing anymore....the concept Camero was in the flesh at the Chicago Auto Show

Personaly, i think the Challenger is gonna blow it away...the new challenger, minus a very few slight differences, is a carbon copy of the old school one.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:04 PM
kalel001
2nd Gear Member

Even though I think GM is going to sell alot of Camaros I don't think they are going to outsell Ford's Mustang.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:26 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

I went into the Dallas Auto Show being a huge fan of the Challenger concept and a hater of the Camaro concept. Both were at the show. I left the show with opposite opinions of the cars from when I got there. The Camaro is awesome, photos do not come close to doing it justice. It's really a beautiful car inside and out. It carries the vintage Camaro lines without compromising it's modern looks (much like the new Mustang). The Challenger on the other hand is gigantic. I didn't realize until later that it is built on the Chrysler 300 chassis, but that explains it's huge-ness. The Chrysler is a big car even for a 4 door, why in the world would they put a 2 door sporty car on the same chassis and expect it to work? Very disappointing. Those of you that are making your opinions based on photographs really need to see the actual cars, the photos do not tell the story.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:35 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Also remember that any speculation on pricing and horsepower ratings is just that, complete and total speculation. Whatever you read on the 'net is coming from people who don't know any more about these cars than you and me.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:50 PM
smokerings

i think it's definitely a step toward better body design than what's been put out since the '70s...i do believe that this 'running concept' will be value engineered down drastically before production though...otherwise it's too close to the corvette in price and performance...and if the camaro is over $30K, there's no way i or many of the people i've talked to would buy it over a C6

imo, it's going to have to compete with the GT in price to have a chance when people can buy a new corvette for under $40k...but that's just my opinion
Old 05-19-2006, 03:10 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

The new Camaro is the GD ugliest thing I have ever seen. Nice job GM.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:06 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Premi

If the Challenger (with a V8) really will base around $32K, that's going to steal some major Mustang GT sales! And if what you say about the Camaro being $40K is true, it's going to once again be priced out of competition. And if it stays at that gargantuan size, it's also going to still be less practical than the Mustang. Who's going to want to maneuver that bohemoth around a parking lot, let alone trying to squeeze it through the garage door (for those of us with double garage doors. This one cuts it close for me at 74.4 inches wide:

If you look at the old Challengers, they are wider and longer than the Mustangs of their times. There was alot more interior room than the Mustang as well. If they put it on the same frame as the Charger, then it will be as comparable in size as the original Challenger. Here is a link on the new Challenger. Here is a link on the 1970 version of the Challenger.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:21 PM
stangmomasc
2nd Gear Member

Agree.....The Challenger was never what you could call a small car......mush larger than the Mustang of the day....I think the new concept is staying true to the size difference.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:21 PM
stangmomasc
2nd Gear Member

much not mush.....long day

Quick Reply: Camaro Concept.. Opinions.