Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Camaro Release date (read in mag)

Old 05-22-2006, 12:23 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Camaro Release date (read in mag)

ORIGINAL: Jiraiya

There is no Trans Am in the works. Not even a proposal for a concept. Nothing. Stop dreaming.
Yep, the photochop pics of a concept Trans Am that have been floating around recently are just that..........photochops. They are the creations of a private artist, not someone who works over at GM. In fact, many a GM official can be quoted as saying there are NO plans for a new Firebird. Chevy will have the Camaro, and Pontiac will have the GTO. End of story.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:02 AM
wirebook898989
I ♥ Acer

the mustangs just don't have it. It is complete blasphemy to say that GM is done. They'll never be done. Corvette is the longest running sports car ever I don't think that mustang has been around for 53 years! You cannot even try to compare the mustang and corvette. 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds with a Zo6 try that mustang. Anyways i don't care how fast your darn mustangs are or how much then cost your still driving around a freakin tin can with your fart blossem ford engines. I wouldn't ever try to doubt GM and their performance division intentions. So I hope you mustang ladies enjoy the taste of a little General Motors rear end
Old 08-05-2006, 12:53 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

The Zo6 is in another ballpark. 7 litres versus 4.6, nice comparisation nubmnuts...

But I am waiting for the Camaro to come out. I’ll seriously buy it if it’s any good, and if they don’t change the lines to much. Same goes for the Dodge Challenger… It’ll be 3 cars competing, as I am also contemplating on getting a second GT to mod around with, and I am going home with the best one.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:26 PM
gtmachine
1st Gear Member

The camari has ALWAYS been playing catch up to the mustangs, this thread was not a comparison to the mustang vs corvette. The Mustang was the PREMIERE pony car and the camaro was just floowing in its' footsteps. the first camaro came out 3 YEARS after the first mustang. As for ford super cars that can compete with corvettes and beat them, I guess you forgot the AC cobra and the Ford GT, duh! GM started screwing up when they made classic names like the impala front wheel drive, those cars lost their soul when they did that., you could probably leave any GM car but the corvette parked in your states worst neghborhood with a 20 dollar bill on the dash and all the windows rolled down and no one would even bother it. GM needs to TOTALLY revamp the line up and THAT is going to take YEARS. Ford has managed to keep ahead of gm in styling options and innovation. Your post is very uneducated.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:33 PM
gtmachine
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wirebook898989

the mustangs just don't have it. It is complete blasphemy to say that GM is done. They'll never be done. Corvette is the longest running sports car ever I don't think that mustang has been around for 53 years! You cannot even try to compare the mustang and corvette. 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds with a Zo6 try that mustang. Anyways i don't care how fast your darn mustangs are or how much then cost your still driving around a freakin tin can with your fart blossem ford engines. I wouldn't ever try to doubt GM and their performance division intentions. So I hope you mustang ladies enjoy the taste of a little General Motors rear end
There hasnt been a camro for 5 years now what the F are you talking about?? Your taling about cars that GM isnt making anymore LOL!!! Meanwhile fors is still selling hundreds of thousands of mustangs...somehting is wrong with your logic.
The camaro has ALWAYS been playing catch up to the mustangs, this thread was not a comparison to the mustang vs corvette. The Mustang was the PREMIERE pony car and the camaro was just following in its' footsteps. the first camaro came out 3 YEARS AFTER the first mustang. As for ford super cars that can compete with corvettes and beat them, I guess you forgot the AC cobra and the Ford GT, duh! GM started screwing up when they made classic names like the impala with front wheel drive, those cars lost their soul when they did that., you could probably leave any GM car but the corvette parked in your states worst neghborhood with a 20 dollar bill on the dash and all the windows rolled down and no one would even bother it. GM needs to TOTALLY revamp the line up and THAT is going to take YEARS. Ford has managed to keep ahead of gm in styling options and innovation. Your post is very uneducated I dont think GM will evewr catch up to ford this time around, I even like the Ford GT much more than the corvettes, retro design, incredible performance and modern engineering all rolled into one. Yes corvettes are nice but the Ford GT is just a notch above IMHO.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:06 PM
gtmachine
1st Gear Member

Anyways i don't care how fast your darn mustangs are or how much then cost your still driving around a freakin tin can with your fart blossem ford engines.

You mean you'd feel better about driving around in a corvette that has balsa wood in the floors(yes the floors have balsa wood as part of the structure to help lighten the structure)!! YIKES! Hope termites cant get in there! Ever hear of TITANIUM Chevrolet? Hey at least when the cars need to be fixed you can go down to your local hobby town and pick up some balsa wood strips and slap em in. I'd still feel safer in the new mustangs. Performance wise the corvettes are better all around but this thread wasnt started as a corvette vs mustang. Its camaro vs mustang. But I think with 4.10's and slicks a GT500 could definately post an equal 0-60 as a vette and do it much more safetly. So there ya go!!!!! And just so you know, my first car was a 70 impala 350 turbo jet, it was awesome, after that I had 3 other impala's. I'll always love the classic cheverolets but the new ones have a lot to make up , bring back the rear wheel drive and V8's!!! The AMERCIAN V8 is a staple in the automotive world we perfected them, and when they started going to V6's we lost the rabbit. American car companies only need to bring back the soul of the V8 and aggressively advertise that fact and things will be looking up. V8's are so much more efficient now that gas prices wont be an issue. The AMERICAN V8 needs to be aggressively advertised!
Old 08-06-2006, 10:44 AM
HungLikeATunaCan

I think whoever told you that there was balsa wood in the floor of a Z06 was pulling your leg. I am actually very familiar with the Z06 and have never heard or seen that before.

I'm a Mustang guy at heart. I've been racing them for a lot of years now. But it just seems that some of you are awfully brand loyal. Can't you respect something that isn't a Ford? Some of the things that were stated here are crazy.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:36 PM
gtmachine
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HungLikeATunaCan

I think whoever told you that there was balsa wood in the floor of a Z06 was pulling your leg. I am actually very familiar with the Z06 and have never heard or seen that before.

I'm a Mustang guy at heart. I've been racing them for a lot of years now. But it just seems that some of you are awfully brand loyal. Can't you respect something that isn't a Ford? Some of the things that were stated here are crazy.

It's probably an area of the new corvetts that you have overlooked, but yes the floors have balsa wood sandwiched in them. Balsa wood is supposed to be very strong and it is very light compared to other wood. But to use this in a car? I would think titanium would havee been better or carbon fiber, balsa wood while innovative seems like a cut corner.. Look for a cutout of a new corvette and it will show it.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:32 AM
burntire
1st Gear Member

LOL
I am looking for Z06 to show up at the track so I can put a butt whipping with the whipple on him.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:28 AM
4.6GT~03
1st Gear Member

1) Mustangs will never be as fast as a corvette, GT500 or not.
2) I would even go as far to say that the new Camaro will be as fast or faster than the GT500.
3) Why didn't they use carbon fiber for the floor panels instead of balsa wood? Because they used laminated balsa wood pressed between two pieces of carbon fiber... each floor panel wieghs in at 7 lbs. They used this on the C5 as well.
4) The Z06 is far more rigid than your car is so dont tell us about how much safer your car is because the corvette uses balsa wood

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Camaro Release date (read in mag)