Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Saleen Vs. Roush

Old 08-24-2006, 06:58 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen Vs. Roush

ORIGINAL: androdz

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

Centrifugal s/c's and positive displacement s/c's (twin screw and roots) offer power for different applications. Positive displacement blowers make more low to mid range torque.......while centri blowers make better high end torque.
Yes but roots style and twin screw superchargers are somewhat inefficient.

Att. Andrew
I don't know if I'd say that. I'm making 408rwhp with my Saleen s/c on just 4psi. Show me a centrifugal blower that will do that[8D]
If you're looking to do some really high performance applications, then a centri s/c might fit the bill better. They are good because they will pull harder the higher in the rpm range you go......such as what one might do on the track. But my car is a street warrior only. Personally, I like having my extra low end grunt on tap. Just one stab at the gas peddle and bang........instant boost.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:30 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

for that such low psi heh I only run 8+, here with 4 psi you will be smoked by most turbo made cars.

Att. Andrew
Old 09-14-2006, 04:38 PM
saleen girl

FYI Steve Saleen is coming to the Ford Dealer in Milford MI on October 14th!!. He's doing a roundtable discussion and autograph signing. They'll have a bunch of cool cars and all the Saleen products there too. More info on their website at www.hinespark.com
Old 09-14-2006, 09:48 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: androdz

for that such low psi heh I only run 8+, here with 4 psi you will be smoked by most turbo made cars.

Att. Andrew
Well, I don't live where you are. Where I am, the most you have to worry about running into is a Camaro with exhaust work. All the turbos in cars around here are factory turbo's (ie: weak). I don't have any problems with the few tuner cars in my area. And if I do, 500+hp is just a pulley swap away.

My point is that the twin screw s/c I run is not THAT inefficient if it allows me to run 120+ extra hp on only 4psi. Sorry if that didn't sink in. Turn your setup down to 4psi and tell me what you're putting down over stock.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:24 AM
daren

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

Well.......as of now, the Saleen is the more recognizable name to the general public(being around 22 years helps). Bodykit-wise, it's a matter of choice, to me, the Saleen looks more 'upscale' while the Roush screams 'boyracer', whatever floats your boat I guess on looks.
lmao that is pretty funny boy-racer i guess U R right/ i'll admit it ;0 but like U say it really comes down to matter of choice and taste-- imo it's Roush all the way-- i love the little bit of Roush heritage built into every vehicle. granted-- Saleen is a true producer of vehicles where Roushers are more modders-- but i find the Roush spirit more true to the spirit of the Stang GT esp homage to retro styling circa Shelby 67/ 68 w/ louvers and such--

what i did was buy a "stock" Roush sport and build up my own car into a Roush Stage "2.75" (just a Stage 3 suspension needed now) ;0 as there are styling & engine mods from all three stages/ at the top of which is the Roush Intercooled Roots-style blower which we installed the other day so that + Roush ECM we sent out & got back from RoushPer in Michigan tuned & ready to go. This car is unbeliveable now compared to stock 4.6 L engine. The "push" that Ford dials in is no longer there/ replaced by an instant-torque acceleration that is adrenaline pumping esp with the blower whine that sounds like a cat screaming in your face at high revs-- the Roush Hi Output/ Rear Exhaust w/ those unique megaphone tips make it sound like a jet plane landing too so the whole ride is smooth yet torquey and exhilarating when ever needed---

i decided to go w/ black stipes (most I see are white or silver) to take out a little bit of that "boy racer" element but i must admit i love stripes in general casue they make car look like it's going fast when parked & I always liked cars that looked like my Hot Wheels collection when I was a kid & i get a kick outta all the kids who give me thumbs up all over the place 'casue it looks like we're always driving back from the track the way the car profiles--not to mention the Jack Roush fans who always come out to check out car. I like the fact that I didn't get the non-functional hood scoop that is on stage 2 & 3 body kit becasue, well, it's non-functional & besides I really love the curves in hood as is.

as to the supercharger debate-- well I'm no mechanic but I like to fantasize that i am one ;0 and my two cents are that it really doesn't matter if you choose a true Roots style blower or a Twin Screw/ they both are positive displacement superchargers so you get boost & torque at very low RPMs which is great for "getting out of the hole" Twin screws compress the air more as it passes though blower; but if a Roots blower is engineered properly & intercooled well/ eg the Roush charger for 2005-2006 Mustang/ the performance is in same league w/ twin screw. A centrifugal Blower is a completely different animal as it exponentially rises in power depending on engine RPM-- which is great for having mad power in high speeds but there is no real noticable boost at lower RPMs where all the fun is off the line--

Old 09-25-2006, 03:17 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Glad to make you laugh.....on your car...man, that's one sweet ride, and I agree on the hood scoop, if it doesn't do anything, it doesn't belong there. BTW, the black stripes look very nice...Lucky SOB(I'm sure you've earned it )
Old 09-25-2006, 02:48 PM
daren

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

Glad to make you laugh.....on your car...man, that's one sweet ride, and I agree on the hood scoop, if it doesn't do anything, it doesn't belong there. BTW, the black stripes look very nice...Lucky SOB(I'm sure you've earned it )
yeah it is a really fun toy/ i need something in my life to offset the fact that most days i am a total geek & i sit in front of like 20 computer monitors all day ;-0 i had a 2005 stang GT that I modded out w/ set of Borlas & C& L MAF that was a monster but Ford cuts you off waranteeee wize as soon as you start modding away. what is so awesome about Roush blower is that so long as it is installed & maintained by authorized level 1 Roush tech there is complete powertrain warranty for 36,000 miles! (as well as any Roush perf parts) only sad side note is gone are the days where I was having fun tuning my 2005 Mustang w/ Diablosport predator as the ECM computer on the Roush is strictly "hands off" and I must ship out ECM for any more major mods--
but i can live w/ that lol

So that is why I bought a 2006 Roush and just built up my car the way I wanted it exactly/ and having the engine rebuilt in front of me was great-- (the Blower comes as a totally awesome kit and sits atop engine after taking out factory 2006 GT manifold. it comes w/ all the necessary componets eg hiPerformance fuel injectors, colder spark plugs, Roush intercooler radiator/ bypass & vacumm hoses/ complete rewiring kit/ alternator remount/ dual fuel rails/ clean air intake & (Ford) throttle body re-location clamps/ MAF sensors/ dual lobe Roots blower rotors machined out to meet 1000th of inch standards etc.... below is a side view of blower mount & hook-up/ it is way state of the art--- and they really engineered this blower masterfully/ w/ only 5 psi of boost the thing has brought the Roush to about 415 horses/ with a few more mods & pulleys it will be about 430 hp/ yet it doesn't beat the crap out of engine that is why Roush can factory waranty all powertrain parts/ Ford parts etc---

I totally am diggin the interior/ I got rich charcoal leather seats- interior w/ the carbon-fiber themes/ Billet Roush shifter/ Roush tric pedals/ Roush 'glowlight' gauges & dash signed by Jack Roush (i know whooopie big deal but i am sure there are those like me who think is mad cool ;0)

Old 09-25-2006, 04:58 PM
Doomtroop
2nd Gear Member

That's an awesome car you have there daren!!!

Simply amazing.

Nick
Old 09-25-2006, 05:57 PM
daren

ORIGINAL: Doomtroop

Simply amazing.

Nick
thanks dude- i truly love it & love driving it too-- but i'm not posting these pix & info for just tooting my own horn. i have seen many Saleens in my life (getting back to thread topic) that are totally awesome & are mad race cars turned streetmachine supremo. i would never say one is better than the other/ just a matter of taste like we said before. I just wanted to show that Roush shouldn't get a bad rap next to Saleen because if you know what you want/ you can custom make a friggin great ride & enjoy some of the awesome technology that Roush racing has developed & deployed esp the completely rebuit intercooled Roush-charger for 2005-2006 Mustang 4.6 liter 24 valve overhead cam engine
Old 09-25-2006, 06:21 PM
daren

ORIGINAL: Doomtroop

Simply amazing.

Nick
thanks again--- & let me tell you that a lot of that 'amazing' is in the blower itself--

some more useful background info on Roush supercharger

Roush Supercharger Info

Ed Note: Ok i am guesing here that newbies to this forum can't post links yet :-(

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Saleen Vs. Roush