Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

How do you no if your a Ricer?

Old 10-10-2006, 02:54 AM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: How do you no if your a Ricer?

You know, I just thought of something. When people in general see my mustang, they always say, "that's a good lookin' car", or "man that car looks great and sounds awesome". Then I think of what people would say, in general, when they see an Sti, or any of the other many imports that don't have a name. You ask them what they think of that car, pointing at the Sti, and they say, "it looks ok I guess, what is it"? I have never had that problem. The amazing thing is, nowhere on the outside of my car does it say "Mustang", but everyone already knows what it is. Sti could be the fastest car in the world, it could have a 1/4 mile time of 4.5 seconds, but if no one recognizes it, why would you want to drive it? So you go on a Mustang site and pester all the people who enjoy their vehicles? The Sti does have some good qualities, however, it starts at $32,999, or so says www.subaru.com. What does that mean? I bought my 300 hp Mustang Gt for right around $25,000. With that almost extra $8,000 pumped into my car, it would totally destroy the Sti for the same price. Whatever you add to the Sti, add to the Mustang, it will more than likely fly right by, and for the same price. These are not arguing words or bashing of the Sti in any way, just cold hard facts. That's why I bought the Mustang, because for the same money, there is no other car you can get the same performance, sound, looks, or just the feeling of this machine.

I feel like going and driving now. [8D]

- C

ps. Maybe my car might not get as good as gas mileage, depending on my foot that day of course, but I gurantee it gets many more looks and sounds like an angel ripping by with some American torque, things an Sti will never be able to do. At 40 mph, I look better than you do at 140. I'm done, nothing more really to say. Yes, you stand corrected, no more response from me, just happiness and love for my red machine.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:56 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: EvoVII

dont you have anything else to do than rip on faster cars that dont break down haha

Lol, if you get a great launch on a mustang, it isn't bad for it. Get a great launch on a STI or EVO and you will **** the car up faster than you can say imports suck. [&:]
Old 10-10-2006, 09:00 PM
EvoVII

I personally dont have problems with Mustangs, yea they're nice, but i would never buy one..but one thing i can't stand is when people rip on every foreign car, when everyone knows stock to stock that some foreign cars are faster than american cars..you said you put in $8,000.00 into your Mustang, but if i put in $8,000.00 into an STi, Evo, or a car of that sort, they can have over 500hp to 600hp easily, if not more! I personally think its good that no1 recognizes my car because then people will under estimate the power and potential and wont give it a second thought..

P.S. Best car to buy for the money its worth, Nissan Skyline GT-R R33. 302hp 271ft-lbs of torque. I-6 Twin Turbo AWD.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:24 PM
1993_5.0

just go jack off to your little **** and fairies movie and get out of here before you get your butt handed to you...
Old 10-10-2006, 11:35 PM
EvoVII

and people actually respect you and your opinion on here..yea your really cool..hey everyone, lets give the "COOL GUY" a hand
Old 10-10-2006, 11:57 PM
V8Cody
3rd Gear Member

P.S. Best car to buy for the money its worth, Nissan Skyline GT-R R33. 302hp 271ft-lbs of torque. I-6 Twin Turbo AWD.
Best car to buy for the money?? YEAH RIGHT!! LOL
I hate how Skylines look and sound.

If i ever won a skyline i would sell it instantly and buy another mustang. How much do those cost?

Anyone could also pick up a 2003 SVT Cobra for 23-25k. 390hp 390torque, 4.6L V8 supercharged. Swap the pulley for $100 and go from 380rwhp to 450+rwhp...I think I will take the amazing looks and power of the cobra ANY DAY!
Old 10-11-2006, 01:24 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

You guys probably think your all big and bad and everything, ripping on 4 CYLINDERS. But the truth is, you can mod up a Honda Civic, Acura Integra, Subaru Impreza, Mitsubishi Evo, Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX, and so forth FAR MORE than you can your broke a$$ pony's. Stock to Stock drag racing, everyone signed up on this site knows that a stock V8 Camaro Z28 or SS, Mustang GT, and Corvette, excluding the Z06, couldn't beat a Subaru Impreza 22B STi in a drag race, and its ONLY a 4 CYLINDER. Yea, they may sound different, and dont have that ugly, gas guzzling sound as those V8's, but they're still quick.
You know, I'm not gonna rip on you like some ppl have.....because you have ignorance working against you. Everyone here, with half a brain, knows one can mod a Civic, Integra, etc. to be a fast car. But why, in the name of all that is holy, can you believe that a smaller displacement 4 cyc engine has more mod potential than an 8 cyc engine? You're not serious are you? Have you been doing Evo and Supra searches on Streetfire again? Ever notice that the really crazy fast imports you see on the web or on TV almost ALWAYS have sponsors? You know why? Because bringing those cars up to respectable race levels is not cheap. Now go and look up how many ppl have built up Mustangs and Camaros into 9 and 10 second cars with less than 9K.......total for car and mods.

Can an STI beat mustangs and f-bodies off the line in a drag race? Perhaps, if the driver's skills are up to par and the opponents aren't modded. But unless that 22B has some work done to it........it'll be all over for the Subby before the 1/4 mile marker. Sure, it hauls for a 4 cyc car.........but thats due to its turbo and AWD. Then consider that when something breaks on those cars (and believe me, when you start to impressively mod them......they WILL break something) it isn't cheap to fix. I've got some first hand experience with this....trust me. And as someone already said, STI's start at 33K.......some 6 to 8 grand more expensive than a new Mustang GT. So their point was that if you took 34K and bought a new STI, and then your friend took 34K and bought a new GT...........by the time he spent the leftover dough on mods to equal the value of the STI, he'd be waaaaaaay faster. And it'd be much cheaper to fix whatever breaks on the GT than on the Subby.

These are truly the rantings of some Gran Tourismo playing Japano-culture obsessive that has never been behind the wheel of a high torque V8 RWD car. Trust me, you'd change your tune real quick.....I've seen it happen before. I respect all fast cars........Evo's and STI's included. But your opinion, rather than being derived from personal preference, seems to be based off of "import-punk" folklore: A need by import obsessed youth to believe that all cars Japanese made are somehow superior performance-wise to all others.

P.S. I actually find it kinda funny that you choose to register just to respond to a topic making fun of the stereotypical "ricer".......which actually need not refer to all 4 or 6 cycl Japanese made cars. Makes me wonder if you have something to be defensive about.......considering that most "ricers" are defined more by their punk attitudes than their choice of rides.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:56 AM
V8Cody
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147
You know, I'm not gonna rip on you like some ppl have.....because you have ignorance working against you. Everyone here, with half a brain, knows one can mod a Civic, Integra, etc. to be a fast car. But why, in the name of all that is holy, can you believe that a smaller displacement 4 cyc engine has more mod potential than an 8 cyc engine? You're not serious are you? Have you been doing Evo and Supra searches on Streetfire again? Ever notice that the really crazy fast imports you see on the web or on TV almost ALWAYS have sponsors? You know why? Because bringing those cars up to respectable race levels is not cheap. Now go and look up how many ppl have built up Mustangs and Camaros into 9 and 10 second cars with less than 9K.......total for car and mods.

Can an STI beat mustangs and f-bodies off the line in a drag race? Perhaps, if the driver's skills are up to par and the opponents aren't modded. But unless that 22B has some work done to it........it'll be all over for the Subby before the 1/4 mile marker. Sure, it hauls for a 4 cyc car.........but thats due to its turbo and AWD. Then consider that when something breaks on those cars (and believe me, when you start to impressively mod them......they WILL break something) it isn't cheap to fix. I've got some first hand experience with this....trust me. And as someone already said, STI's start at 33K.......some 6 to 8 grand more expensive than a new Mustang GT. So their point was that if you took 34K and bought a new STI, and then your friend took 34K and bought a new GT...........by the time he spent the leftover dough on mods to equal the value of the STI, he'd be waaaaaaay faster. And it'd be much cheaper to fix whatever breaks on the GT than on the Subby.

These are truly the rantings of some Gran Tourismo playing Japano-culture obsessive that has never been behind the wheel of a high torque V8 RWD car. Trust me, you'd change your tune real quick.....I've seen it happen before. I respect all fast cars........Evo's and STI's included. But your opinion, rather than being derived from personal preference, seems to be based off of "import-punk" folklore: A need by import obsessed youth to believe that all cars Japanese made are somehow superior performance-wise to all others.

P.S. I actually find it kinda funny that you choose to register just to respond to a topic making fun of the stereotypical "ricer".......which actually need not refer to all 4 or 6 cycl Japanese made cars. Makes me wonder if you have something to be defensive about.......considering that most "ricers" are defined more by their punk attitudes than their choice of rides.

DENIED!
Old 10-11-2006, 08:21 AM
rwh129
4th Gear Member

It's nice to see my jokes get under the skin of some ricers.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

I personally dont have problems with Mustangs, yea they're nice, but i would never buy one..but one thing i can't stand is when people rip on every foreign car, when everyone knows stock to stock that some foreign cars are faster than american cars..you said you put in $8,000.00 into your Mustang, but if i put in $8,000.00 into an STi, Evo, or a car of that sort, they can have over 500hp to 600hp easily, if not more! I personally think its good that no1 recognizes my car because then people will under estimate the power and potential and wont give it a second thought..

Dump 8 grand into a 03-04 cobra, get a lot more than 500 hp...
Dump 8 grand into a S197 GT(2005+) and get a hell of a lot more hp then a STi, or Evo.

When you burn out your clutch from dumping it in racing, remember, you bought an import.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do you no if your a Ricer?