MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/mustang-news-concepts-rumors-and-discussion-22/)
-   -   How do you no if your a Ricer? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/mustang-news-concepts-rumors-and-discussion/179978-how-do-you-no-if-your-a-ricer.html)

Apoptosis 10-17-2006 11:10 AM

RE: How do you no if your a Ricer?

ORIGINAL: trinitykt133

This is in reply to ThisBlood147 and every other person in this thread,
I agree with you wholly with your statement "While I agree that a lot of domestic guys rip anything Japanese made as "rice"......most of the reasonable ppl around here only use the term when referring to punk guys who have more money invested in their exterior and sound system than in performance." I also agree with "And BTW, going after the financial status of certain American automakers to back up your point is just a low blow."
But you know what. Classifying people based on the kind of car they drive is a low blow. Didn’t the very first post in this thread say “you're a ricer if.... you think Hyundai and performance go hand in hand?” I own an 03 Tiburon and you know what I’ve done to it. I’ve put in a K&N drop in filter. Why? Not because it gives me more power, because it will be the last filter I have to buy for the car. The other thing I did was get a single 15" woofer to go with the MB Quarts that are in the front, not because I listen to "Fifty Cent," But because if you have ever heard Bach or Dream Theater on such a setup you would think you were in a concert hall. And you know what, I don’t own a race car, but when I can take the turns between my house and work in the middle of winter in 4' of snow over 35mph without having to buy snow tires, yea I think my car "performs well". Don’t you dare tell me American cars can’t be "riced". My neighbor has a 98 mustang that she had a body kit installed on. And recently she had the worst set of aftermarket low profile rims put on that I have ever seen. I know for a fact that the one she owns has the stock v6 and automatic setup it rolled off the assembly line with. So technically she qualifies as having "more money invested in their exterior and sound system than in performance" so doesn't that qualify as being "riced"? According to your definition it does. How about "you're a ricer if... You have a front wing" what exactly is the hollow section on the front of a Ford GT? im almost certain that's a front wing.
And isn’t the fastest car as of right now the Enzo Ferrari? That certainly isn’t American. I also see plenty of early 90's Mitsubishi 3000GT vr-4’s running around. And you said "Japanese made or not, no 4 or 6 cyl auto has the performance potential of a V8. That's just the way it is." I guarantee you that STOCK that car will beat most STOCK v8 mustangs in currant production. Imagine that, not only is it foreign, but STOCK it’s a 3.0L v-6 capable of producing 300HP at 6000 rpm and 307 ft/lb or Torque at 2500 rpm. Gee your current 5th generation mustang's STOCK 4.6L v8 produces 300 HP.
How about another statement from the original post that said "you're a ricer if.....Every Honda you EVER owned, all the way back to your 1978 Accord was either a V-Tec or a TYPE-R" do you know what V-Tec is. Its Variable Valve Timing and lift Electronic Control. First off V-Tec wasn't available until 1989. Second, your 5th generation GT has a 300 hp 4.6 L 3-valve V8 with variable valve timing which is an adapted version of the V-Tec that Honda has used for almost the last 2 generations. And how about fuel injection? One of the first commercial gasoline injection systems was a mechanical system developed by Bosch and introduced in 1955 on the Mercedes-Benz 300SL. So technically what it comes down to is. By hating foreign cars you guys are bashing the very technology your cars have been designed after.
A few of the judgements you said were just plain retarded, I will try and answer them though.

You are praising the 3000GT and its 300 horse engine, but isn't that a Twin Turbo sixxxer that makes 300 hp and 307 lbs of torque?
The 5th gen mustang GT's are rated at 300 but make around 315 horsepower and 320 lbs of torque... And they are Natural Aspirated and don't need a turbo to obtain.

The comment of owning a V-tec or Type-R was a joke about having a sticker there saying it was that, when it actually wasn't, learn to read and joke.

Yes, variable valve timing is a great thing, that is why American car makers adapted it, the reason why domestic owners make fun of V-tec is because the ricers think that helps there engine so much when ussually it activates right before the red line.

Your comment on your hyundai and performance, drop in filters add maybe a horse, ricers think they add 40 hp and cut .9 off the Quarter Mile.

The Enzo ferrari is definately an amazing car, it has a top speed of around 217 mph, which the new Saleen S7 is able to get to 250+ mph.

A testament to its superb engineering, a racing only version of the S7, called the S7R, has won nearly 40 races around the world in the last few years and set a new track record at the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

KartR31487 10-17-2006 11:35 AM

How much does a Skyline run cost wise anyways? Isnt there an American and Japanese version?

ThisBlood147 10-17-2006 02:52 PM

This is in reply to ThisBlood147 and every other person in this thread,
I agree with you wholly with your statement "While I agree that a lot of domestic guys rip anything Japanese made as "rice"......most of the reasonable ppl around here only use the term when referring to punk guys who have more money invested in their exterior and sound system than in performance." I also agree with "And BTW, going after the financial status of certain American automakers to back up your point is just a low blow."
But you know what. Classifying people based on the kind of car they drive is a low blow.

And you said "Japanese made or not, no 4 or 6 cyl auto has the performance potential of a V8. That's just the way it is." I guarantee you that STOCK that car will beat most STOCK v8 mustangs in currant production. Imagine that, not only is it foreign, but STOCK it’s a 3.0L v-6 capable of producing 300HP at 6000 rpm and 307 ft/lb or Torque at 2500 rpm. Gee your current 5th generation mustang's STOCK 4.6L v8 produces 300 HP.
YOu know, you ALMOST understood what I was trying to say. But like most ppl on internet forums, you only saw what you wanted to see. I NEVER said EVERY V8 comes off the factory floor with more hp than ANY I4 or V6. I said they have more performance POTENTIAL than any I4 or V6. You don't believe me? Take an I4 or V6 motor, and I'll take a V8.........we'll both take 10K and do a setup in the same kind of car. How much you wanna bet I outrun you? Its simple physics dude..........more cylinders means more power and more torque. If the opposite were true........we never would have evolved past 4 cylinder motors.

And with your first strike against me.....you stuck your head in your ass once again. "Classifying people based on the kind of car they drive is a low blow." You wanna take a jab at others that are doing the import bashing...go ahead. But my very argument was that I don't believe in that. I stated......rather clearly I would believe, that the kind of guys that get ripped on as being ricers get ripped on primarily because of their "PUNK ATTITUDE." That, combined with numerous non-performance mods that they turn around and THINK makes them faster than a Corvette.....is why such guys get made fun of. Sure I know plenty of ppl around here that do only visual or audio mods. But they don't turn around and tell guys that are running nitrous and turbos that they can kick their ass. Anyone who does that, is a moron.

So you own an 03 Tibby. Pretty fly lookin cars IMO. I don't think that makes you a "ricer". But if you strolled up on the side of my 05 GT (which is supercharged) and began spouting off about how you could waste my American made POS with just half throttle................that would make you the kind of idiot that these guys like to call a "ricer". And for the record........in case you didn't hear me the SECOND time........you don't have to drive an import to be classified as a "ricer". There are plenty of guys driving American made cars these days the fit the loose definition just as well as an import driving guy.

I'll say it again, I only speak for myself. So if the thread starters joke-rantings get under your skin.........go after him. Don't come after me for making statements that were A) not a bash against imports and B) completely on the mark. Now go back to school and take an English Comprehension class........because obviously you need a refresher.:eek:

ThisBlood147 10-17-2006 03:05 PM

I guarantee you that STOCK that car will beat most STOCK v8 mustangs in currant production. Imagine that, not only is it foreign, but STOCK it’s a 3.0L v-6 capable of producing 300HP at 6000 rpm and 307 ft/lb or Torque at 2500 rpm. Gee your current 5th generation mustang's STOCK 4.6L v8 produces 300 HP.
Again, you're making a foolhardy argument for yourself. I happen to agree that the 3000GT is an awesome car. Secondly, if you want to compare it ( a factory blown car) to a current production mustang.......well lets do that. Line it up against a GT500 (factory supercharged mustang). Both cars stock........oops, the 3000GT loses. I only make this statement to back up my motor-based performance quote. Motor for motor, a V8 (American, German, or Japanese made) has more performance potential than any I4 or V6. Can a turbocharged V6 outperform a stock 3V GT mustang? Maybe (that's a senario best posted and discussed in the Street/Strip section. This very topic has been discussed many times in there ). But you're not proving anything about that 3000GT's V6 by making that comparison.......because it came from the factory turbocharged. Yes, V6 motors are getting more powerful as technology improves. But that same technology applied to a V8 will counteract any advantages the V6's accrue.

But if you wish to continue comparing apples to oranges............feel free to post your rebuttal.:)

Apoptosis 10-18-2006 06:54 PM

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

I guarantee you that STOCK that car will beat most STOCK v8 mustangs in currant production. Imagine that, not only is it foreign, but STOCK it’s a 3.0L v-6 capable of producing 300HP at 6000 rpm and 307 ft/lb or Torque at 2500 rpm. Gee your current 5th generation mustang's STOCK 4.6L v8 produces 300 HP.
Again, you're making a foolhardy argument for yourself. I happen to agree that the 3000GT is an awesome car. Secondly, if you want to compare it ( a factory blown car) to a current production mustang.......well lets do that. Line it up against a GT500 (factory supercharged mustang). Both cars stock........oops, the 3000GT loses. I only make this statement to back up my motor-based performance quote. Motor for motor, a V8 (American, German, or Japanese made) has more performance potential than any I4 or V6. Can a turbocharged V6 outperform a stock 3V GT mustang? Maybe (that's a senario best posted and discussed in the Street/Strip section. This very topic has been discussed many times in there ). But you're not proving anything about that 3000GT's V6 by making that comparison.......because it came from the factory turbocharged. Yes, V6 motors are getting more powerful as technology improves. But that same technology applied to a V8 will counteract any advantages the V6's accrue.

But if you wish to continue comparing apples to oranges............feel free to post your rebuttal.:)
Isn't Rygen Stormlocke running low 12's on his 2005 Sixxxer???

The 3000 GT VR4 is factory Twin Turboed, so, it takes a japanese made Sixxxer and a TT setup to get the same performance of a american V-8

ThisBlood147 10-18-2006 07:32 PM

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

I don't know. Last time I checked he was running low 13's in his six cylinder. ............which was supercharged, if I remember correctly?

Apoptosis 10-18-2006 07:46 PM

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

I don't know. Last time I checked he was running low 13's in his six cylinder. ............which was supercharged, if I remember correctly?
No hese got a powerhouse turbo. I could of swore he went 12.4 on it on a stock block.

I think TheMistress has a S/C and is running really low 13's.

ThisBlood147 10-18-2006 08:45 PM

My bad, I"m behind on things around here lately.[8D]

Apoptosis 10-18-2006 10:53 PM

My bad, I"m behind on things around here lately.[8D]
I'll say [8D]:D

EvoVII 10-19-2006 12:44 AM

turbo or not, the 3000GT comes off the line, STOCK, with 300hp. and the stock Sti's are running 13.4 on a H4 Stock block