Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

GM & Ford Merger??

Old 09-18-2006, 01:10 PM
Stormbringer
2nd Gear Member

Default GM & Ford Merger??

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060918/ap_on_bi_ge/gm_ford
Old 09-18-2006, 03:25 PM
matb1980

Default RE: GM & Ford Merger??

I'm guessing this is pure speculation - I can't see it happening myself. Maybe an alliance would work but I don't think they would ever merge.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:05 AM
04Mach1DD
2nd Gear Member

2 struggling automakers, 2 struggling automakers make a 6 speed automatic transmission= Perfect Tranny, so they make a couple other hundred products together. Im just glad that Ford never took the deal to be bought out with them along time ago, but now I see it very possible. It would be a great idea if they formed an alliance, along with Nissan and Renault. If your not a big automaker, you will be part of one soon. IMO which I don't like and never thought I would say, Toyota is going to be Number 1 Automaker in the next 3 years if the big 2 American automakers don't do something.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:16 PM
IownaMustangNow
3rd Gear Member

imagine a mustang and a camaro, actually driving on the same side. . . .i donno if i could ever see that, but then, imagine sum combination of a corvette z06 and a ford gt . . .the new supercar of the century. . . the Ford-Chevy Corvette Gt-40 ?!??!!? . . .ahah crazy
Old 09-19-2006, 06:02 PM
MyPonyCar

Check out this link.. Someone created the Must/Vette...

http://forum.modvette.com/showthread.php?t=677

I bet all the forums are talking about this subject right now!!! I doubt it will happen myself...

Old 09-20-2006, 12:16 PM
FutBall23
1st Gear Member

even if this does happen they would never stoop so low as to combine the the corvette and the mustang.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:46 AM
squad272
2nd Gear Member

It looks to me that ford and gm are downsizing and scaling back on production to create more demand/less supply(higher prices/more profit) while smaller less expensive workforce(newbies/early retire- force out the higher priced workers) and get back to basics. find the next taurus and fuel efficient car or truck. quaity and safety to compete in the US market and the world market. also remember it is not just the ford badge that brings in money or loses money. how many people do you know buy an aston martin????? is that were the profit is at? It just might be I don't really know.

I do not see a merger of these 2 companies---- I don't think DR. Z would allow it.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:05 AM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

that would probably be along the lines of the ****'s and jewish people teaming up....giants and dodgers....yankees and bosox.....its just like not okay to happen....yeah i guess it could be interesting....but the more you think about it...its interesting in the same way your interested why your parents bedroom door is locked for a few hours.......which is not a good interesting at all....could u imagine camaro's and mustang's as corporate cousins??? yikes...

i definitely dont want either company to go away though...both of them have to stay and keep battling.....its one of the great rivalries.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:11 PM
melyssad77581

why[&o]
Old 09-25-2006, 11:20 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

There won't be any kind of merger between Ford and GM.......too many anti-trust laws in effect to stop such a huge pairing. But its not out of the question for them to form a makeshift alliance.......sharing technology and marketing strategies to try and tag team the influx of import products that are taking such a rabid foothold in the U.S. I'd rather see them form a sort of steady-hand truce to take control of their market back in this country than see them battle each other into the ground..........while Toyota and Honda take control of the U.S. car industry.

Honestly, if these two juggernauts can find a way to stay afloat long enough to slim down their wastelines, they could become agile enough to get back in the race in pull back ahead of the foreign competitors.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GM & Ford Merger??