Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Do you count the head turns?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 05:11 AM
Sbackof

Default RE: Do you count the head turns?

Did you ever go to the cruise in down in charles town at all with it, Before I left for Europe I use to take my Mystic Teal Camaro there Everyone knew my car there, Esp since I would park with my Mustang friends, I only knew one guy there with a new one and that was a Red Saleen.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:12 AM
Sbackof

Oh and I forgot......Ive lost track a long time ago, but still notice. Its even more now that im Here in Italy.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:58 PM
jasper gt kid
1st Gear Member

Well lost count but do yall ever rev at red lights to see how many people look?
Old 10-24-2006, 06:48 PM
beastzilla02
5th Gear Member

ya i always rev when im driving by a lot of people..its fun =P
Old 11-28-2006, 10:58 AM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

every one looks i have had people in vipers and vettes looking but i hate it when cops look especially right after i get get done flying down a road and i thin k the got me with there radar
Old 11-30-2006, 02:08 PM
red89fiveO
1st Gear Member

i started counting the heads... then i got detail oriented and started counting the good looks from the bad... mostly the bad are because i am 18 with a badass mustang and people are either jealous or dont think kids should have fast cars... o well i dont care because if they give me one of those bad looks i just flip them off! [:@]
Old 12-03-2006, 10:59 AM
nascarjunkie1
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I love it when the cops stare, specially when I slow down about 5 under the posted limit, they just get this Pissed off look on their face when you drive by them and u stare back at them, I just love it!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2006, 01:40 PM
captainxanax
1st Gear Member

I am still surprised & frustrated by the attention my Mustang draws.

When I first bought the car, people admired it just like when any new car shows up on a lot at work, home, play. However, this time there was big difference. Everyone seems to be attracted to the car for different reasons.

The best (3 of 'em):

I came out of the grocery store and a couple had parked next to me. I park at the back of the lot - distance. I enjoy the walk to the store... Anyway, they commented on my car... how beautiful, how much he wants one... the comment that made this experience so good was the opener. She said "we are so happy to see that it isn't some old granny driving this thing" (I am early 30's male) I don't think age matters, but an interesting ice breaker none the less.

Parked over at my nephews apt. The family next door are Mexican. They dont speak a lot of english, but are nice and friendly. They have a couple of kids. I parked one day and the kids were outside playing. I am always worried about them throwing a rock... Anyway, the boy (probably 5-6) walks up with his little sister and points at the Mustang on the grill and tell her (in Engish) "look horsey" with this sense of aw in both of them.

Thanksgiving weekend I traveled to Yuma. I fueled up, a person commented on my car. Drove to Phoenix, turned heads. Stopped & gas'd - comment drawn... Ate at In-n-Out, drew another parking lot comment. Finally after 400 miles, arrive in Yuma. Thanksgiving day was good & warm. Had my coffee outside and my car was washed & waxed in the driveway. People walk in Yuma. So, I am on the phone with my sister doing the holiday conversation... I decide to let loose about "the comments, the heads turning". She wants a Mustang by the way. I am talking on the phone, bitching about having 3 comments on one trip down, the traffic, and concern about "heads turning" and a guy walking on the street yells out... "nice car man" Just the timing of it all...

Overall, I enjoy the views, the comments. At times it can be hard, I don't want the attention. Such as: When I am sick and want to run and get a coffee but everyone will see me in this car...

Be safe, as my head turns and so does yours, who the &*^# is driving?
Old 12-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Drivesthebeast
2nd Gear Member

Lost count on the head-turns...even on the day I demo'ed the car before buying it. I've probably had as many women compliment the car as I have had other guys. I also get bad attention too, like the car being all over the roads here lately because of ice and snow and stuff, and shaking their heads too...I know what they are thinking...."Sacrilage" lol!
Old 12-11-2006, 08:33 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

yeah i get a lot of attention in the mustang too!!

never bother counting!

Quick Reply: Do you count the head turns?