Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Do you count the head turns?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 07:38 PM
television tim

Default RE: Do you count the head turns?

SOOOO many head turns and kind words from stangers!

I should have known I had something special before I even bought the car. I test drove it on a Monday night, and took the family to the lot the next night for the family to see it while we considered the deal. I had not told my five-year-old son what kind of car I was thinking about, but when we got to the local Ford dealer, he jumped out of my truck (and keep in mind that there are 50 or so cars on the lot) ran right to the car I wanted and said "OOOOO daddy! Look at this one!

"Casey, do you know what kind of car that is?" I asked. "oh, it's a MUSTANG, daddy!" he said with awe and reverence.

The pony is well known even among the kindergarten set. (it is the car I've wanted since I was 5)

The day I brought the car home, four of the neighborhood kids were riding thier bikes on the street. As I got out or the car, they stopped right by me and asked if this was my new car. "cooool" was the awed response. All of my son's friends want to ride with him now.

The day after I bought the car, I was cruising home from work and stuck in traffic on the Hollywood freeway with the windows down. As a brand-new Charger passed by in the next lane the driver shouted "hooooo-aaaa, American Muscle, Yea!" (nice guy, but he shoulda bought a 'stang)

I've lost count of the number of other suburban dads who roll down the windows of their minivans and SUV's to tell me what a nice car I have, and they make no attempt to hide the jealousy in thier voices

Second only to my son, the car is a chick magnet. So many females unknown females have come up to me in parking lots to comment on the car. (and when I take the boy in the car, look out!)

I even get looks from other mustang owners!

Just wait untill I change to muffler to add the 'stang sound!

Vista blue premium w/ pony pkg
Old 12-15-2006, 11:24 PM
Bavarian Motorist

I was at a toll booth cause I forgot my ez-pass and the toll booth guy went on for 5min about how I looked like a million bucks and how if he and I went out together all the chicks would want us..

I was flattered..

I try not to pay attention to other drivers, though. Seems like everyone has this urge to look at drivers around them. Don't know why.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:59 AM
adj86
2nd Gear Member

I stopped counting a long time ago, and i have had recieved many parking lot comments, but two in particular stand out in my mind.

#1 I went to a Wendy's one day to get some lunch. I parked in the parking lot and went in. I get up to the counter and the lady says to me: "You the lucky dude drivin that Mustang! I told her i was and she said, "Umm, must be nice to have all that money!" I told her i was actually lucky had been blessed, and it was a gift. Needless to say she was not impressed. She asked what kind it was, and i told her a GT. She says, "Dayumm, how much it cost, and i said right at about $25,000". After that she goes "S*** yo family must be rich as s*** wastin all that d*** money on you. I told her, "Its really not that expensive compared to other cars", but she didn't even wanna hear it, and i got my food to go.

#2 I was at a local gas station getting some gas and I went in to get a snack. I came outside and the guy filling up next to me says: "Thats a nice car, man" I thanked him and proceeded to get into my car to leave. He then asks: "How fast you gone in it?" I told him 115ish. The guy seems pretty cool and everything until he looks at me and says. G**dammit, you a lucky a** muthaf****. I said yeah i guess so. Then i left.