MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/mustang-news-concepts-rumors-and-discussion-22/)
-   -   2008/2009 Camaro (https://mustangforums.com/forum/mustang-news-concepts-rumors-and-discussion/193046-2008-2009-camaro.html)

Sbackof 10-15-2006 10:32 AM

2008/2009 Camaro

Just thought I'd ask, What are your thoughts on the new Camaro comming out? Me personally I love it. Great lines, love the interior, and the engine area is sweet.

TPony 10-16-2006 08:49 PM

RE: 2008/2009 Camaro

It OK, i guess..I saw it on motor trend or something like that..need to find pics and post so others can see..

ThisBlood147 10-16-2006 09:27 PM

We've had quite a few discussions in this section about the upcoming Camaro. It's usually a split.......roughly half the guys looking forward to seeing it in action.......and the other half thinking its gonna bomb. Funny thing is that these impressions are right about even with those of current and former Camaro guys that I've talked to.

Me personally, I think it has potential. There are things about the concept that I don't care for aesthetically, but who knows what will change between now and the production version. I think the overall lines are aggressive and nice. They just need to make the right decisions on the styling as they proceed towards production.

As for as performance-wise.....it's hard to comment. There's been no official word on what kind of powerplant/s the new Camaro's will be running. All we know, or keep hearing, is that their will be a 400hp LS2 model somewhere in there. The only things that'd concern me (if I were a potential buyer) is the IRS they plan on implementing. That, along with the extra poundage its likely to tack on, has me worrying that this could end up being another GTO. I think the smart route to go would have been a solid axle....keep the weight and costs down....make it as competitive with the current mustangs as possible. I fear that an LS2 powered IRS equipped pony car will price out in the low 30's.....if not mid 30's. That will put it out of contention with the Mustang GT for sales competition. And while there are plenty 03/04 Cobra and GTO owners out there that may disagree with me......I'd rather not have to deal with launching such a powerful and heavy car on IRS, unless it was a low-set lightweight car like the Corvette.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what GM's next release about the car is. Only time will tell how well the new Camaro will do.

BakoLuke 10-16-2006 09:55 PM

I think it looks okay...heres a link i found: http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/...let_camaro.asp

IMO i like the Challenger Concept better: http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/...challenger.asp

06Vista 10-16-2006 10:27 PM

I like it, I see alot of the 69' in there. I owned a 95 Z/28, which I loved. Like This blood said there are some issues to work out, but I would love to see the Camaro running around with the Mustang(hopefully with 400HP of its own).

saud alzaabi 10-17-2006 07:53 AM

after watching them 2 concepts ( camaro-challenger) and hearing them ... the challenger was a WHOOO**** SWEET car to me ... and the camaro was a ****ty looking car... loved the lines but not the front or rear faces... but now i like the camaro's front and side view but i still hate the way that camaro has something similar to the vettes tail light...

and about the challenger... I still think its nice looking... but the eyes get used to it and it begins to be something old .. dont get me wrong i love muscle looks ... but imo dodge didnt change alot in the car except the grill and tail light ( with minor few stuff )

overall .... i cant wait to see them ripping the streets .... because one day close too .... the mustang will roll out as a new look and there will be a great competition between the 3 of them ...

And im looking forward for the upcoming ford mustang... i just hope ford wont screw up in the design and power... 4.6 is enough for over 10 years ... we need displacment to keep up with others... our 4.6's had no problem competing with the 5.7's but they are now moving to 6.1 and 6.0 .... we need at least to be 5.8 or 6.1 ( hurricane series motors ) and PLZ not 2 valves ... 3 VALVES ....

sorry about changing the topic a little but i had to say this... i hate the way everyone changes his face when i say it's still a 4.6 .....

tncruiser 10-17-2006 10:53 AM

seen it at the woodward cruise look more caddy than chevy i thought but it doesnt matter gm will screw it up . remember the old f cars from the country that gave us rock n roll (i didnt know qubec canada gave us r n r ) detroit muscle should at laest come from the USA not canada or australia(gto)

Meph 10-17-2006 07:52 PM

As far as style goes, the Camaro has that covered nicely. It's a happy car. Seriously it is. Look at the grill, car's always smiling. :D

Power however, claims are usually large on concepts. I'll wait until the water-down effect hits with production before I comment on what goes on with handling/horses/torque/etc.

beastzilla02 11-05-2006 01:04 AM

those rims look 2 big..what are they like 20's lol ?

beastzilla02 11-05-2006 01:05 AM

the challenger looks way better.