Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Future Mustang & DSG Like Tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 05:50 PM
Takashi

Default Future Mustang & DSG Like Tranny?

Hi all, new 07 Mustang GT ownerand LOVING it!

However, I encountered an interesting situation - you see the Mustang GT is a manual car and I bought it specifically to learn to drive stick (Doing well - its not as hard to learn as people make it sound!). Thus, I like my Mustang a lot but I heard some interseting news about Ford/Volvo developing a tranny simular to VW's DSG. Now, my roomate owns a 07 GTI and we often borrow one anothers' cars. And I must admit, I love the DSG as much as I love Stick! I'm currently enjoying my car but I was curious as to whether or not the Mustang would be recieving a DSG-like tranny as well, curiosity often gets the better of me .

I'm sorry if this had been asked already but I couldn't find anything from the search feature... I found a lot of topics on which is faster auto or stick... but nothing on whether or not a DSG is planned for the Mustang.

Thanks a lot ahead of time you guys!
Old 01-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Archion
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Future Mustang & DSG Like Tranny?

Seeing as Ford owns Volvo, I wouldnt put it past them, but that would be a nice feature, maybe not for the Mustang as it is supposed to be more of a hardcore pony car, not the corvette the buying population is turning it into. TheMustang could do with out alot of the geegaws and options it has now)would also save a lot of weight)but I could see other applications for it, like the Fusion(Mazda 6) and others like it, maybe even the Focus if they ever make a real SVT version over here. They would have to build the **** out of it to handle the power of up and coming Mustangs.