Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Steeda moving operations to Valdosta, GA

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 06:01 PM
chrsharvick29

Default Steeda moving operations to Valdosta, GA

http://www.valdostadailytimes.com/lo...074235601.html

I was at the press conference this afternoon. Steeda is moving the majority of their operations to Valdosta, GA. I talked to Dario and Scott today. They are real nice people. The company will bring allot of new jobs to my area. Just thought I'd let the news out.

Well, it keeps blocking the name of the city. V A L D O S T A, add that where the ****s are at.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:58 AM
GNATSUM
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Steeda moving operations to Valdosta, GA

how will it bring a lot of new jobs? they do not have that may employees
Old 03-20-2007, 09:18 PM
chrsharvick29

Well, maybe not a massive amount of jobs, but they said 100 jobs will be at the company. I know, and they said, there will be new jobs for locals. I myself am going to school for engineering and they are one of the places I'd be interested in working at.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:23 PM
GNATSUM
1st Gear Member

well i live quite close to their operations here in pompano and they say they have about 50 but they are looking for more people, its kind of sad to see them go, i hope they keep a tune shop here because i really want a mustang and i would go to them for tuning and everything performance, but i think i know why they want to move. the taxes and everything down here in south florida are getting ridiculous and dealing with the city of pompano beach, fl is ridiculous, my dad has his business in pompano and they give him big hell over just putting up his sign on his building, took them three years, and my dad's place isn't even a mile from steeda
Old 03-20-2007, 11:20 PM
chrsharvick29

Thats what they said at the press conference. They couldn't deal with it down there anymore. They said they will kept the shop down there open even though they didn't say what would be down there. Our town is very pro buisness and the standard of living costs are very low. Taxes are great here and you never hear any businesses complain. The town is growing here so it will be a nice addition to community. Dario seemed very happy with everything, every elected official in the area was there to support the move. He was so happy he couldn't even speak without getting choked up. I got to talk to them and they are really nice people. The local Ford dealership is becoming an Official Steeda Dealer aswell.It will be a good 18 months before everything is ready up here for the move.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:23 PM
wht90lx
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Steeda moving operations to ****, GA

georgia ftw!!!
Old 03-20-2007, 11:49 PM
GNATSUM
1st Gear Member

ya it is really bad down here, i am only staying down here to finish college and then hauling *** out of here, my dad would move too but the business survives off of south florida, well atleast i have 18 months to make a badass stang

i was thinking about later moving to georgia after college because i have heard that living costs are very cheap, unfourtuanetly our local government down here is so corrupt they woud steal candy from a baby, an appartment down here probably costs as much as a nice 1 acre lot with a nice house, it is really bad, and people are so rude, and do not know how to drive
Old 03-21-2007, 01:11 AM
chrsharvick29

Well, I'm like 19 miles from the border, so I'm close to the beaches anytime I want to go. The county is about 100,000 people so its a perfect size for me. Small town feel but still has everything you could want. I'll get the big town experience in a couple of years whens I transfer to GA Tech. When I get my degree, I'll find something here in south georgia.