Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

FORD press release New stang

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 02:56 PM
Justabear
2nd Gear Member

Default FORD press release New stang

BOHICA, production run of 500, ready to get bent over by the dealers $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ford Motor Company today announced that they will be unveiling a brand new limited edition Ford Mustang at this weekends Barret Jackson classic car auction in Palm Beach, Florida. Currently there is no word as to what to expect, but the possibilities are endless. Could it be the new Bullitt? We aren't sure, but what we do know is that only 500 of these cars will be made, with the first one being auctioned off on live television.

You read it right. For the first time in history Ford Motor Company is going to unveil and auction off a Ford Mustang with serial #001 at Barrett Jackson live on Speed TV. Word is that Mark Fields and Carroll Shelby will be on hand as the new Mustang is unveiled. It will then be auctioned off at no reserve with the proceeds going to the Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation charity. Below is all the information Ford gave us.

Who:
Ford Motor Company and Barrett-Jackson Auction Co.

What:
Mark Fields and Carroll Shelby will unveil a new limited edition Ford Mustang live on SPEED TV at the Barrett-Jackson Auction. Serial #001 will be sold at No Reserve by Barrett-Jackson Auction.

When:
Saturday, March 31, 2007, 6 – 8 p.m. EST

Where:
West Palm Beach, Fla., South Florida Expo Center

Signnificances:
For the first time in the history of the companies, a new car will be unveiled live on TV to the public during the auction. Only 500 production cars will be built and proceeds from the sale of #001 will benefit the Carroll Shelby Children’s Foundation.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Justabear
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: FORD press release New stang

FORGOT, special thanks to:

http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2007...ionmustang.php

Article was pirated from this site.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:53 PM
cdub
1st Gear Member

damn... i cant wait... any more specific time, as i checked speed channel and the show is goen on all day so i cant record it. Closer to 6pm or 8? Whatever it is, its gonna be sick. I will be kinna depressed if its the bullitt cuz that means that it will be marked up like hell and i wont be able to afford it. My guess, with Carroll Shelby on hand: GT350
Old 03-29-2007, 02:48 AM
Ringo01
2nd Gear Member

I really wanted to go, since I live 10 mins from the expo center, we call it the south florida fairgrounds :P

But I'm leaving for Jamaica tomorrow >
Old 03-29-2007, 03:14 AM
Skoshi42
2nd Gear Member

wow a new stang, what ever happend to the Shelby GT-H the ones in white and black?? I would feel crappy if I bought one now, seeing a new one is about to come out...
Old 03-29-2007, 07:50 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

BOHICA..that sums it up very well...
Old 03-31-2007, 12:08 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

since i can't afford one, i'll have to pass on it
Old 03-31-2007, 09:02 PM
cdub
1st Gear Member

damn... only a GT-H Convertible. Anyone else besides me dissappointed? I thought it was gonna be a new model that everyone could buy. o well 250 grand to charity
Old 03-31-2007, 11:31 PM
Justabear
2nd Gear Member

Major yawn! The money went to a good cause but a 318 horse convertible - big deal! If you missed the announcement VIN 001 was auctioned and the others willl be Hertz rentals.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:29 AM
FordDude
2nd Gear Member

Default Couple of pics of the unveiling

I got these from another forum that I belong to. The pics were taken at the auction by a member of the VMF. fd

Quick Reply: FORD press release New stang