Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Ford buying out Enzo??

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 04:29 PM
2001_SaleenS281_08
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Ford buying out Enzo??

ORIGINAL: iwrxit

as soon as someone who can pony up 150k will talk to us low-lifes.
yeah no one here will get one unless they win the lotto. I guess Birdie was thnking about buying one, the bastard
Old 11-20-2004, 12:10 AM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

HAHA! I know someone who is going to buy a Ford GT.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:53 AM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

I actually own 6...

oh wait... no i don't [:@]
Old 11-25-2004, 06:03 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

I ahve yet to see one in person. Lots of Vipers, but no GT's yet.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:36 PM
neestangk

i have yet to see a ford gt on the roads. there is no set price for this car, well only for the first handful, the rest are being auctioned off to the public. Jay Leno actually just purchased one for, i believe half a million dollars. but as far as comparing it to an enzo, theres no way. the enzo is the greatest ferrai EVER built. i've actually seen one of these. in order for you to even be considered by ferrai to buy an enzo, you would hav to had previously purchased 3 ferrai's within the last 10 years, which by my calculations is f-ing impossible. i still think you'd have better luck in an auction bidding against a bunch of millionares.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:44 AM
IownaMustangNow
3rd Gear Member

enzo's are insane...when looking at them they remind me almost exactly of an F-1 car
Old 12-08-2004, 12:32 AM
black00gt
1st Gear Member

Ferrari should stay ferrari, ford should leave it alone, i haven't seen any ford gt's on the road either, I did see one at the international car show they had here about a month ago, the gt is really a sharp ride, too bad i'll never be able to put 150k down for it.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:53 AM
sionix
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

That would be udderly stupid if Ferrari let Ford buy them out. The reason the Ferrari is what it is because its hand built and production is very minimum. I personally believe Ford would screw it all up.
granted ford should NOT buy out ferrari, but the argument that ford would mess them up because they are hand made does not hold ground. ford owns aston martin and brought it back from the brink of bankruptcy and they are also all hand made and VERY limited production. they are british though of course, and ferrari is italian. THAT is why ford shouldnt buy them.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:12 AM

ORIGINAL: sionix

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

That would be udderly stupid if Ferrari let Ford buy them out. The reason the Ferrari is what it is because its hand built and production is very minimum. I personally believe Ford would screw it all up.
granted ford should NOT buy out ferrari, but the argument that ford would mess them up because they are hand made does not hold ground. ford owns aston martin and brought it back from the brink of bankruptcy and they are also all hand made and VERY limited production. they are british though of course, and ferrari is italian. THAT is why ford shouldnt buy them.
Yes, you have a valid arguement there but aston martin didn't hand build their cars like Ferrari still does. Ford would put it's stuff into mass production and sell just as many, but mass production means things aren't as good of quality as somethign that is handbuilt is.

Old 12-08-2004, 03:43 AM
sionix
1st Gear Member

aston martins are hand built. hand put together anyway, depends are how far "hand built" goes... but they sure arent made on an assembly line and do have many techs working on them. i TRIED reading at the site but it hurt my eyes, the text is smaller than a hotrodders ***** as described by a bitter and jealous saturn owner so i guess thats small. im still blinking... but ford didnt put them into a mass production status that ive ever heard of. and they certainly brought them back into popularity. ow... only **** will save my eyes now...

Quick Reply: Ford buying out Enzo??