Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Virginia Tech Tragedy - Please Read!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 03:17 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

Default Virginia Tech Tragedy - Please Read!

PLEASE GIVE TO THE VIRGINIA TECH TAGEDY FUND

My Son attends VT Northern Virginia Center and we are a Hokie Family. He is fine but our friends have
been affected in some way.
Please Pray for the Families and students and our nation to begin healing.
This is a senseless tragedy that has hit close to home for many of us, so do what you feel is right. If you are a collage student, get your collage to implement a paging system to warn students and faculty of dangers. this to will help and keep the memory of those who died, alive.

Do not hold contempt for a race or group of people responsable, this was one man who was ill and went crazy. he had an agenda and he was determined to complete it.

This should not be a political issue or a 2nd Amenment issue, this is an issue of mental health and howour children can be affected by it. Be mindfull of the signs of this sickness and be aware.

God Bless the USA and the Hokies.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:37 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

Default RE: Virginia Tech Tragedy - Please Read!

glad to hear that your son is ok through all of this...it had to be a terribly stressful time for you.

i feel that this problem, while involving the mental illness of one kid, should be reflected on the university and their refusal to do anything, especially considering the problems early this school year and this kids actions leading up to the day in question.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:37 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

I hope that this event and all the failures that lead up to that day can be analysed and solutions can be put in place to prevent this from ever happening again.

I too agree that the state, hospitals, school and police made a long list of mistakes that could have prevented this tragedy.

I am a staunch Constitutionalist, I will protect it to my death,with that said,I am a Proponent of the 2nd Amendment. but I think we as a people need to fix the loop hole that allowed the killer to slip through the system. one of the holes was with the background checks for purchasing a hand gun, if he was admitted two years ago into the hospital for mental illmess, he would have not been able to purchase the hand guns. He was still found to be a threat to himself and others back then. but was treated as an out patient so the doctors were not required to submitte this to the state.

Lets start here an write your congressmen to close this loophole, and allow all inpatient and outpatient mental illness records to be allowed in the background checks.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

i said the same thing elsewhere...i have no problem with people having guns, although i feel that some people have guns for the wrong reasons, but people should be allowed to have them...but there needs to be some screening system...

but when i said that, they told me that i was taking away their freedom to walk in and buy a handgun...
Old 04-19-2007, 09:41 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ride Of The Month

i said the same thing elsewhere...i have no problem with people having guns, although i feel that some people have guns for the wrong reasons, but people should be allowed to have them...but there needs to be some screening system...

but when i said that, they told me that i was taking away their freedom to walk in and buy a handgun...
Remember that all legal gun purchases require a background check, all gun shops are connected to a national database. and all legal guns are ballistic tested and serial numbered. and sent to the FBI. as long as there not fellons then why are they taking away there freedom? I would rather deny a fellon a gun the the fellon deny me of my life, or me deny him of his ;-)

The right to bare arms is just that, a right, but when abused it is taken away, ie... Felony, Mental illness, and domestic violence. I am all for Anyone without the above issues to own one. I do feel that it should be manditory for ALL Gun owners to take a 8 hour safty course, we do it for drivers licences because a car is a 3000 pound weapon. This does not infringe and the 2nd amendment. this just addresses modern times. Now Iam a LifeNRA Member, I do own 2 guns, and I took a voluntary safety course and I did the Florida Conceled Weapons Permit and the Same in Virginia. This process includes an extensive back ground check, safety course, Finger Prints, and Mug Shots. I did not feel this was an Infringment and most conceleled permit people are ok with it. We are honest, hard working Americans.

Now I have never carried my hand gun on my person except to the range, I did not apply for it to have it either, I just want that extra paperwork on my side just incase I get pulled over with the gun in my car stored improperly.
because if you do not have a permit to carry, the firearm must be unloaded, and the ammo must be atleast three steps to arm, I can tell you most people do not do this when transporting their gun and that could land you in jail. Cops do not like loaded firearms during traffic stops, and I don't blame them.