Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Chevy cobalt ss supercharged??

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 11:30 PM

Default RE: Chevy cobalt ss supercharged??

ORIGINAL: me alot fast than u

cavilair+neon=cobalt
cobalt = cavalier replacement. It has nothing to do with the neon, and there isn't any piece on it that resembles a Neon in any way shape or form.

The Cobalt isn't that fast, even with the charger on it, but it'd be cheaper to make faster over an NA sport compact any day of the week.

Old 12-07-2004, 11:34 PM

ORIGINAL: 00GT00

ORIGINAL: iwrxit

thats the new camaro. just wait, youll see.
You bet'cha... Loser a$$ looking car. Another f'ing SRT wannabe.

Engine Type 2.2L ECOTEC DOHC 2.0L ECOTEC Supercharged DOHC
RPO L61 LSJ
Displacement (liters/cu. in.) 2.2/134 2.0/122.0
Bore & stroke (in.) 3.4 x 3.7 3.4x3.4
Bore & stroke (mm) 86.00 x 94.60 86.00 x 86.00
Compression ratio 10.0:1 9.5:1
Block material cast-aluminum cast-aluminum
Cylinder head material cast-aluminum cast-aluminum
Valves per cylinder 4 4
Recommended unleaded fuel 87 octane 91+ octane
Redline (RPM) 6500 6500
Horsepower/kW @ engine RPM 145/108.17 @ 5600 RPM 205/152.93 @ 5600 RPM
Torque (lb.-ft./N-m) @ engine RPM 155/210.15 @ 4000 RPM 200/271.16 @ 4400 RPM
WEAK!!!! Look ^^ its max'd out from the factory. 9.5:1 C/R, bad for more boost. Its aluminum, bad for more HP. Its a 4banger that redlines at 6500... WTF! A Built GT could rev way past that!!!!! LOL
who cares what it revs to? It's not built to rev to skyhigh rpms. It's built for low end torque and tuned for driveability. I have an aluminum block and sleeved properly I could easily put down 550+ hp, Just because Ford likes to dump heavy iron blocks in it's SVTs doesn't mean that aluminum isn't good for taking boost. As long as the internals are forged and it has the proper sleeves in it, it'll be fine. But if a boosted car blows a rod, the aluminum block will give easier than an Iron block.

Old 12-08-2004, 03:00 AM
00GT00
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000Si

RPO L61 LSJ
Valves per cylinder 4 4
Redline (RPM) 6500 6500
WEAK!!!! Look ^^ its max'd out from the factory. 9.5:1 C/R, bad for more boost. Its aluminum, bad for more HP. Its a 4banger that redlines at 6500... WTF! A Built GT could rev way past that!!!!! LOL
who cares what it revs to? It's not built to rev to skyhigh rpms. It's built for low end torque and tuned for driveability. I have an aluminum block and sleeved properly I could easily put down 550+ hp, Just because Ford likes to dump heavy iron blocks in it's SVTs doesn't mean that aluminum isn't good for taking boost. As long as the internals are forged and it has the proper sleeves in it, it'll be fine. But if a boosted car blows a rod, the aluminum block will give easier than an Iron block.

Hey man take it easy with your blow-torch, AIGHT!! I know that you could build a high-po Civic, you could build a High-po V6'r or even a low 12 sec FORD RANGER! So riddle me this, riddle me that... I just dont care! Im not going to buy one. I got made R-E-S-P-E-C-T for anyone willing and able to put tons of money into something that they will never get a return on. IMO, we do not need another SRT. Chevy just wants to get a piece of that "uneducated" tuner market. Its A FRIGGIN GRAMMA CAR!!! Done!
Old 12-08-2004, 03:29 AM
sionix
1st Gear Member

i dunno, kinda reminds me of a neon in a way, but yeah, just definately a cavalier replacement, why i mentioned its better than one. and it is SO for uneducated tuners or whatever, yeah, but i guess for someone who just turned 16 and just wants something cutesy, well, its aiight. but i KNOW im gonna see them on the road trying to act hard and hang with much faster cars... ya know, cuz the commercials associate it with a corvette... hehe, and show it sportin about like its awesome. commercials wouldnt lie just to make money!!!
Old 12-08-2004, 03:35 AM

RPO L61 LSJ
Valves per cylinder 4 4
Redline (RPM) 6500 6500

Hey man take it easy with your blow-torch, AIGHT!! I know that you could build a high-po Civic, you could build a High-po V6'r or even a low 12 sec FORD RANGER! So riddle me this, riddle me that... I just dont care! Im not going to buy one. I got made R-E-S-P-E-C-T for anyone willing and able to put tons of money into something that they will never get a return on. IMO, we do not need another SRT. Chevy just wants to get a piece of that "uneducated" tuner market. Its A FRIGGIN GRAMMA CAR!!! Done!
For someone that doesn't care, you sure did take some time to look up specs, find a picture and insult it. This has nothing to do with my Civic, this has something to do with you talking about "uneducated" tuner, yet the only thing you educate yourself with is basic specs and the car instantly sucks. The only return you see from putting money into ANY CAR AT ALL is reduced 1/4 ETs. IMO, we DO need more tuner cars out there like the Cobalt SS taking on the Big Ego tuners such as yourself showing you what a "GRAMMA" car can run.

Old 12-08-2004, 02:38 PM
sionix
1st Gear Member

actually i think all those specs are on the website, probably wasnt too hard to find. and simiarilarily same for the pic as well. and some cars that are hyped still do suck ya know. if you swap out everything about it though maybe it wouldnt suck. and if he has an '00 gt, that car wont ever be taking him on...
Old 12-08-2004, 03:33 PM
iwrxit
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IdontOwnaMustangYet
i was afraid id have to go import but this thing looks impressive.
this is very sad my friend. why would you rather own one of these over an import. have an open mind. you would buy an unproven car over a proven import. why not keep an open mind. dont buy the first year of a new vehicle...too many problems.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:41 PM
notdead
1st Gear Member

yes stay away fom imports. i just dont get it people complain that jobs r going over seas but they dtive around in there honda. im not saying they're bad cars but if the import trend continues then all cars might be moved over seas. i do know that all the main over seas car makers r either owned or have a partnership one of the big three. my 2 cents i just rather my money go 2 american factory workers
Old 12-08-2004, 10:51 PM
00GT00
2nd Gear Member

For someone that doesn't care, you sure did take some time to look up specs, find a picture and insult it. This has nothing to do with my Civic, this has something to do with you talking about "uneducated" tuner, yet the only thing you educate yourself with is basic specs and the car instantly sucks. The only return you see from putting money into ANY CAR AT ALL is reduced 1/4 ETs. IMO, we DO need more tuner cars out there like the Cobalt SS taking on the Big Ego tuners such as yourself showing you what a "GRAMMA" car can run.

The specs are from Chevy's website. I went there to see the difference in the Cobalt and the SRT. They are not out yet, at least around here, so I have not seen one go down the strip to see what kind of times they produce. About the education level at question, if I need to explain why not to 1) Buy a Chevy, 2) A Four Bangger and 3) An SRT look a-like on a MUSTANG forum then there are some real problems here! So the obvious facts are all that’s necessary! Your lame excuse for "we need more..." BLA BLA BLA, just because you can not afford a Muscle car of tradition doesn’t mean that any time some one dislikes a "GRAMMA" car you can pipe in and start your "imports are cool" bull-****! Guess what? As already stated this is a Mustang forum, we are supposed to not like the baby cars that have potential to be competition. So go bitch and moan some place else, no one here cares about your passion to convert the world to gay import lovers!
Old 12-09-2004, 12:28 AM

The specs are from Chevy's website. I went there to see the difference in the Cobalt and the SRT. They are not out yet, at least around here, so I have not seen one go down the strip to see what kind of times they produce. About the education level at question, if I need to explain why not to 1) Buy a Chevy, 2) A Four Bangger and 3) An SRT look a-like on a MUSTANG forum then there are some real problems here! So the obvious facts are all that’s necessary! Your lame excuse for "we need more..." BLA BLA BLA, just because you can not afford a Muscle car of tradition doesn’t mean that any time some one dislikes a "GRAMMA" car you can pipe in and start your "imports are cool" bull-****! Guess what? As already stated this is a Mustang forum, we are supposed to not like the baby cars that have potential to be competition. So go bitch and moan some place else, no one here cares about your passion to convert the world to gay import lovers!
Yes the specs are obviously from CHevy's site. but you still cared enough to go look them up, that was the point that completely negated your sudden about face on telling me you don't care.

I still don't see how you think that looks like an SRT4, it looks nothing like it. Your predisposed biased opinion is just completely off base, which is what i have the problem with. Your lame excuse for "we dont' need..." is perplexing... but I understand why you said it.

You don't understand the underdog sleeper prowess, so that means everyone needs to sit in 3500 lb tank with RWD and a V8 to give them the overly played out illusion that their dick is bigger than it actually is.

You can dislike it all you want but when you start calling it a "neon look alike" or some other lame retarded excuse as to why you don't like it (mind you this is without you even seeing one in person, driving it or even sitting in it), you're daaaaaamn skippy I'm going to jump on your comments. If you don't have anything even remotely educated to say about the car, say you just don't like it and I really won't care. Now as for the "imports" thing that YOU keep bringing up... this has nothing to do with imports or anything of the nature, this is solely about you trying to make some bogus comparison, and to someone like me, it makes as much sense as putting whip cream on a cheeseburger.

I couldn't care ANY less about if this is a Mustang forum or not, YOU came into a thread called "Chevy cobalt ss supercharged??" knowing it WASN'T going to be about Mustangs, and now you're throwing the "this is a Mustang forum" defense back at me. I don't understand where the hell your logic is behind this arguement?

In closing, have a great night.

Quick Reply: Chevy cobalt ss supercharged??