MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/mustang-news-concepts-rumors-and-discussion-22/)
-   -   **Traitors**, Will you test drive the Camaro? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/mustang-news-concepts-rumors-and-discussion/307902-traitors-will-you-test-drive-the-camaro.html)

Chef 06-23-2007 02:48 AM

**Traitors**, Will you test drive the Camaro?

Hearing lots of chatter lately: 400 hp, Z28, folks say they like the Z06 looks. I think the Z06 looks like a Mazda.

Anyhow, will you test drive a new 400 HP Camaro (if it ever gets here)? Ohmygosh BUY ONE ?? With 400 HP and anything but a "live" rear axle, it will blow away a GT with CAI, UDPs and a tune. You are among friends, please be honest.

SonicStang03 06-23-2007 02:55 AM

RE: **Traitors**, Will you test drive the Camaro?

This is just great. Car companies keep coming out with more and more HP. Now I have to go out and buy a blower. I can not have some Chevy Camaro blowing my doors off! As far as test driving it why not lets see what we are up against.

GNATSUM 06-23-2007 02:58 AM

i will test drive but won't be able to afford one, how much are they going for?

PRO50SC 06-23-2007 09:15 AM

Nope

TheDutchTexan 06-23-2007 04:57 PM

Depending how they look, and the price they will ask... I might test drive... AND buy...
Unless the next mustang facelift blows the camaro away that is... (in the looks department, I'll be getting the base V8's anyway, I will never get the H.O. ones since they are just to expensive).

Chef 06-23-2007 07:28 PM

im hearing $30,000 but who cares, i think i paid 31,500 for my gt fully loaded ($100 over sticker with x-plan). yeah, best to drive one to know what we up against. one thing for sure, they will have trouble beating the s197 on looks.

ZachW04Stang 06-24-2007 04:59 PM

Supposedly the final version of the new camaro is going to be in the transformers movie. I'm not biased against chevy, if it looks good and it fast, I'd drive one.

aode08 06-24-2007 06:27 PM

ORIGINAL: SonicStang03

This is just great. Car companies keep coming out with more and more HP. Now I have to go out and buy a blower. I can not have some Chevy Camaro blowing my doors off! As far as test driving it why not lets see what we are up against.
and everytime they do that, I upgrade my vehicle and save $28,000 + dollars.:D

ThisBlood147 06-24-2007 08:02 PM

Since my pro-GM best friend is constantly talking trash about how he's gonna smoke my GT when he buys the new Camaro, I would have to say no............on principle alone I probably won't drive one. I won't be able to afford one anyways, and my GT has too much time/money sunk into it now to just piss away on a trade-in. No.......I will keep my GT, I will finish dialing it in, and I will bitchslap whatever new Camaro model my buddy drives home in in the next year or so.[8D]

FordDude 06-24-2007 08:47 PM

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

Since my pro-GM best friend is constantly talking trash about how he's gonna smoke my GT when he buys the new Camaro, I would have to say no............on principle alone I probably won't drive one. I won't be able to afford one anyways, and my GT has too much time/money sunk into it now to just piss away on a trade-in. No.......I will keep my GT, I will finish dialing it in, and I will bitchslap whatever new Camaro model my buddy drives home in in the next year or so.[8D]
If your pro-GM best friend is talking so much trash just ask him what took so long? They stopped making the camaro in '02 and it is coming out in '08 or '09 soooo 6 or 7 years. Oh and they stopped making them because?? Low sales? Make room for SUV's? Whatever. What took so long? Oh yea the S197 is selling so well that cheby has to copy Ford again. Will they be faster? Maybe. Big numbers of the 400 hp camaros probably not, I bet mostly V6 models. fd