MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/mustang-news-concepts-rumors-and-discussion-22/)
-   -   Will GM put the LS3 in the New Camaro? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/mustang-news-concepts-rumors-and-discussion/313573-will-gm-put-the-ls3-in-the-new-camaro.html)

08GT Black Stallion 07-06-2007 10:13 AM

Will GM put the LS3 in the New Camaro?

Well since GM is retiring the LS2 after only 3 years of service, and the Camaro not supposed to come out till at least next year does this mean thatthey will give the V8 modelsthe LS3? That could be somepotentially dangerious compitition forthe Mustangowners if they did...

SoSmoked 07-06-2007 01:44 PM

RE: Will GM put the LS3 in the New Camaro?

I always hear people say why the camaro stop production in 02 but in my eyes its simple. Back when the camaro and corvette were competing for sales, the camaro was the entry perf. car. While the vette was the halo car for chevy and with the only thing separating them was about 15k. I mean if I walked into a dealership with 50k ready to spend on a perf. car, I'm not going to get the camaro. But if I walked into a ford dealership with 50k, what am I going to get. Well since ford didn't have a halo at the time I would have been stuck on a saleen or roush mustang. Pretty soon I don't think the corvette will be doing that again if what I read in Automobile mag is right. They said that the c7 will be a mid-engined car which would price it well out of camaro price. The camaro could have any engine without worrying about the vette.

Emiko 07-24-2007 08:56 PM

worrying about the camaro isn't worth any mustang owners time...

ThisBlood147 07-24-2007 09:25 PM

Will the LS3 make it into the new Camaro? Simple answer........yes, it will. The real question is whether GM will have the testicles to drop the LS7 into it.[:o]

The Stig 07-24-2007 11:25 PM

I think they most likly will. And then theres the challenger too which should be a very powerful car. I think mustang should start putting a high out put 302 back into the mustang and step up the power. I still dont see why they started using the 4.6 in the first place...

ThisBlood147 07-25-2007 12:26 AM

ORIGINAL: TheStig

I think they most likly will. And then theres the challenger too which should be a very powerful car. I think mustang should start putting a high out put 302 back into the mustang and step up the power. I still dont see why they started using the 4.6 in the first place...
Back in the mid 90s when new emission regs made Fords OHV 5.0 obsolete, some hot shot in the big chair thought their R+D money would be better spent on designing a new generation of OHC motors rather than on redesigning their flagship pushrod. I guess back then OHC motors seemed like the wave of the future........but for pure performance a redesigned pushrod 5.0 would have been a better idea. Live and learn I guess.[&:]