Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Fake Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 07:06 PM
metlcub
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Fake Cars?

LOL I have a 4.0 and I was thinking about getting 4.0 badges for the sides. Just casue When I beat someone, They will put their head down and be like Damn, I got beat by a 4.0...

Making the car lok how you want is one thing, Saying it's a cobra and it's not is dumb
Old 10-21-2007, 08:32 PM
neonmarine
1st Gear Member

Ya, saying its a Cobra isn't cool if its not. And when they find out its not, it will be worse. I just let people think what they want. If they ask, I'll say its a '90 LX. But it is very obvious that its not the real deal.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:55 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

You are such a tool when you put a cobra badge on a non cobra car. Unless it has the same drive train... a true clone is the one exception... just as long as you are truthful when asked. Most badgeslappers are not...
Old 10-22-2007, 04:29 AM
neonmarine
1st Gear Member

Well since I did not but the badges on or added the Cobra affects, I'm not the tool. But if you saw my ride and thought it was the real thing, your an idiot. I still have Pony wheels and the LX hatch wing.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:10 PM
RedDevilSC
1st Gear Member

There's nothing wrong with wanting topersonalize the look of your ride. I see aton of Mach 1 grill deletes, chin spoilers, ect. on GT's. I'm planning on doing those 2 thingsmyself. However I wouldn't be caught dead putting fake badges on my car. I don't even understand whyanyone would. Of course I didn't choosethe car I did because I thought the GT badge on the back would impress people. I bought it because I liked how it looked. But whatever, to each his own.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:27 PM
GT40_Bill

Personally, I think it's better to remove all badging from the car. It's cleaner looking, and makes the guy in the other car say to himself, "Hmmm, wonder what's under the hood of that cool looking stang?"

Cheers
Bill
Old 10-26-2007, 09:28 AM
07BOSSGT_S197
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dastangman

I'll admit, my car has fake badging. I hate it, absolutely hate it. I bought the car with the badging, knowing it was a GT. It could beat any stock Cobra around town, but I still didn't feel right about it. Just because I had a supercharger and had a faster car did not make me a Cobra owner. The engines are nothing alike, one can spit out 300HP n/a while the other needs a supercharger to get up there.

I ordered GT badges from Dallas Mustang Parts, but somehow the order number got messed up and what came in the mail, 40th anniversary badges. I figured that was even worse and sent them back. I attempted to get the badges again, but this time around I ended up getting GT badges, however they had a flame graphic over the top. While it was closer, I still wasn't a fan of the flames and gave up. My new thought is to fake badge again, but fake down. What if I put regular Stang badges, you know stock V6 badges. Now that would throw peopel for a loop. I'll get em changed off sometime for GT emblems, but I'll be honest I'm lazy right now and the car is hardly driven. I'm only embarassed when other Stang drivers see it, I can only imagine they might know. But I'll honest about it, and we race, sometimes I win sometimes I lose and in the end, eh...no one cares cuz I'm not hiding it. That's really the worse thing, is when you are trying to hide it and trying to make it seem faster, it's like a form of ricing out the mustnag.
Mustangsunlimited.com should have the badging you're looking for man.

In reply to "fake cars". I have a GT, I have the BOSS decals, but its definitely NOT a Ford Production BOSS. I make it clear that its not production, cause most if not all knowledgable Mustang fans, know that the BOSS wont get released till late next year. However I love the car and couldn't wait ...
I do think, however, that some people get a little carried away. And I agree with GT40_Bill...take everything off and "hmmmm...whats that??" Z28, SS, Z06 and import tuners and like car owners think to themselves. Then you just blow their doors off!