Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Top Gear host

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 03:01 AM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Top Gear host

If I remember the episode correctly, Clarkson liked the new GT500, but said that you couldn't really feel the steering and it was hard to control, which I could agree with

Top Gear is awesome, they treat cars like toys, which is how I would like to if I had the bills.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:59 AM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: spoke2go1

too bad the ford gt was designed by carrol shelby so its all american
and then theres the new z06, they couldnt find one thing wrong with it so they had to say leaf springs were ancient technology, the interior felt cheap and that the fiberglass body was cheap
too bad it killed a bunch of porsches and ferarris and outran its own fuel
and has anybody else noticed that they havnt tried out the saleen s7? that would knock em down a peg for sure
Wow, it that Jess Alba in your sig? She is soooo hot and soooo pregnant now. I think someone is going to assasinate her lover, boyfriend, fiance, what the hell is that guy to her anyway??? They were rumored to break up about 2 months ago. Do I sound annoyed? Like I've actually got a shot with her anyway....

The top gear guys are definitely idiots. They reviewed a vert GT500 stock. Hated it. Then he jumped in a Roush stage 3 and giggled all the way through the road course. He said, and I quote, "you can reaaaaly tell that this car was designed by someone who knows race cars". Jesus christ dude, you can purchase the springs/shocks/swaybars that encompasses the Roush suspension for about $2k. The problem with these guys in that they take the "raw" form mustang and try to compare it to the other IRS suspension cars that they have in Europe. And if they run down a1/4 or 1/8 mile course straightaway it's diff story...
Old 12-16-2007, 10:02 AM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

This is the mustang Clarkson SHOULD have bought. It would run all of their IRS crap off the road.

http://www.gr40.com/
Old 12-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Nabster
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rubrignitz

ORIGINAL: spoke2go1

too bad the ford gt was designed by carrol shelby so its all american
and then theres the new z06, they couldnt find one thing wrong with it so they had to say leaf springs were ancient technology, the interior felt cheap and that the fiberglass body was cheap
too bad it killed a bunch of porsches and ferarris and outran its own fuel
and has anybody else noticed that they havnt tried out the saleen s7? that would knock em down a peg for sure
The top gear guys are definitely idiots. They reviewed a vert GT500 stock. Hated it. Then he jumped in a Roush stage 3 and giggled all the way through the road course. He said, and I quote, "you can reaaaaly tell that this car was designed by someone who knows race cars". Jesus christ dude, you can purchase the springs/shocks/swaybars that encompasses the Roush suspension for about $2k. The problem with these guys in that they take the "raw" form mustang and try to compare it to the other IRS suspension cars that they have in Europe. And if they run down a1/4 or 1/8 mile course straightaway it's diff story...
At the most, top gear reviews cars equipped with lots of factory options. They don't review cars based on what you can do to modify them and improve performance, they review them based on how they come from the factory. On top of that, they very rarely review cars from small companies because they tend to be highly expensive for what they offer- but they will mention them and talk about them (just not the full fledged reviews like other cars). You also have to keep in mind it is a british show, being such, most of the cars over there are small and can turn well because thats what sort of roads they have, short and lots of curves (again, it's more than just the cars- their entire country is smaller than my state, it's to be expected we make cars here that go long straight distances because thats what our roads are like) so their expectations are different than what we have.

Anyway, I don't remember them ever reviewing a vert gt500, I'm watching Richard review a standard 500 coupe right now. Also, the quote is "I drove this last year in America, and it was just and I mean really properly brilliant..." about the Roush.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

im almost positive ive seen an episode of him driving and old fastback and saying the mustang was the greatest car ever made....?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=o5jC7Ev0eRo
Old 12-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Nabster
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shifty101Easy

im almost positive ive seen an episode of him driving and old fastback and saying the mustang was the greatest car ever made....?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=o5jC7Ev0eRo
That's an old episode though, quite a few years old in fact. The episodes they're talking about up there are from the first part of this year in series 9.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Kerem Owen

Hey Guys,

Wanted to see if any of you checked out Top Gear S13 Premiere last night on BBC AMERICA...good stuff right??? I just checked out the sneak peek of episode 2 and it looks sick, definitely check it out.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:58 PM
99RedStang
2nd Gear Member

Clearly, Jezza's Brit humor flies over many heads on this board like a jet plane. He makes fun of everybody, even Brits. Don't take it personal. He's an entertainer.

P.S. That's not Jessica Alba, it's Katy Perry.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:45 AM
grif62
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ThaiCobra
If I remember the episode correctly, Clarkson liked the new GT500, but said that you couldn't really feel the steering and it was hard to control, which I could agree with

Top Gear is awesome, they treat cars like toys, which is how I would like to if I had the bills.
When did he drive a new gt 500?
Old 01-30-2010, 01:43 PM
sponkey21
1st Gear Member

All three top gear host pointed out that they loved mustangs, just that Jeremy wouldn't want to own one. Just a few years ago they did a bit on the new GT500, and last season they did a bit where they voted on which car company had made the most "truly fantastic" cars, and Ford won and they made sure to mention the Mustang in many of it's iterations. They love and respect Mustangs in my opinion, just Jeremy wouldn't own one because he is rolling in dough and wants his lambos and such. I bet you anything if they tried out the new 5.0 with it's brembo package and (equivalent to last year's track pack) suspension they would change their minds pretty quick.

Quick Reply: Top Gear host