Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2010 Mustang : Made in China?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Black05StangGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 2010 Mustang : Made in China?!

Watch for the lead paint!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 11:32 AM
300GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bigherm00

Qualety might be engrish
I know I'd rove my Rustang a whole rot ress if it was made in China.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:36 AM
banka87
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 300GT

Qualety might be engrish
[sm=noooo.gif]
Old 12-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Dumpweed
2nd Gear Member

made in china is the way most companies are heading. sucks, i work for a place that does alot in china. it keeps us in business because everyone in ourfield does it. if not, we'd probably have to close doors next month. GM is big in China, but most they build (Chevy, Caddy and Buick) are sold just in china. i dont see Ford moving the mustang or F150 to china anytime soon. but if ford wants to expand and keep its doors open, they have to sell/build in china. If the next Focus were built in china i wouldn't be shocked. welcome to 2007.i honestly am worried about how much we buy from them and exporting manufacturing jobs there, i didnt do so hot in econ, but long term it can't be good.

for example, i used to work in the emission control of steel foundries. it was cheaper for this foundry to ship scrap steel to china, melt it, mold it, ship it back then it was for them to do it all here and meet the regulations. i'm all for the regulations on keeping that stuff out of the air/water, its not something you want to get inside of you. its just the way of the world now a days.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 300GT

Qualety might be engrish
Oh my god I am laughing my a$$ off
Old 12-05-2007, 11:53 AM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

Maybe then the mustangs will run on rice a roni and soy sauce.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:01 PM
dferkler
2nd Gear Member

I will get one for my ex-wife,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZWy_fASSiQ

Good thing there is a billion of them.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:06 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

My guess is that the cars are not going to be made in China and shipped to the US. These cars will be distributed in China and parts of Europe... not the US. Alternatively.. it might just be cheaper to do that than to pay unionized US factory workers $30/hour to press a button on a robotic spot welder.

ORIGINAL: cookiemonster

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchin...nt_6296588.htm

"Ford Motor Co, which is closing factories in North America, is mulling a new car plant in China with its Japanese unit Mazda Motor Co and local partner Chang'an Motor Corp, to meet growing demand."

Ford's new window stickers may very well turn out to be: "Qualety Made in China" [:@]

Old 12-05-2007, 12:08 PM
laserred02
4th Gear Member

You do realize that article says nothing about the Mustang right? Also that article is about building a factory in China for the cars Ford sells in China. They are a GLOBAL brand, and have factories in lots of countries. Every model sold in the U.S. is manufactured in USA or Canada, with the exception of the fusion/milan/mkz which are made in Mexico.

Don't rant about something that does not impact North American Production.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:09 PM
moriel248

ORIGINAL: Dumpweed

made in china is the way most companies are heading. sucks, i work for a place that does alot in china. it keeps us in business because everyone in ourfield does it. if not, we'd probably have to close doors next month. GM is big in China, but most they build (Chevy, Caddy and Buick) are sold just in china. i dont see Ford moving the mustang or F150 to china anytime soon. but if ford wants to expand and keep its doors open, they have to sell/build in china. If the next Focus were built in china i wouldn't be shocked. welcome to 2007.i honestly am worried about how much we buy from them and exporting manufacturing jobs there, i didnt do so hot in econ, but long term it can't be good.

for example, i used to work in the emission control of steel foundries. it was cheaper for this foundry to ship scrap steel to china, melt it, mold it, ship it back then it was for them to do it all here and meet the regulations. i'm all for the regulations on keeping that stuff out of the air/water, its not something you want to get inside of you. its just the way of the world now a days.
Like any developing country their regulations aren't very strict, which is most of the reason for the cheaper prices. But also like every developing country they will have very large problems as a result of these lack of regulations. You can see it already with the exporting the lead paint, etc. Eventually they'll need to regulate to reduce the pollution that is destroying their country as well as deal with the labor force. Then they'll be just another infuriating place to do business for capitalist manufacturers looking for an edge.

How long this takes to happen is anyone's guess though.

Quick Reply: 2010 Mustang : Made in China?!