Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Mustang smokes Charger R/T

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 02:09 PM
scsmithmh60
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang smokes Charger R/T

I am not anywhere near as worried about the Challenger as I am about the new Camaro. Just think, other than the Z06 and GTOs that were few and far between, we mustang owners have been smacking the chevy guys around really bad for years now. I have several friends that are chevy guys and it seems that everytime we get together now days the talk always turns to the new Camaros. As soon as it does, these guys get this wild look in their eyes and start foming at the mouth. We GT owners need to either get a supercharger or be prepared to reap the world wind.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:05 PM
prplhze05GT

ORIGINAL: lieu910

I always find these discussions interesting, as the topic spins wildly out of control.

First, what a ridiculous comparison. ABullitt Mustang against a 5 passenger family sedan, which isn't even the top performanceversion in that model.What's the point?

The Charger R/T is a moderately priced family car/ sport sedan. It was never designed or intended to be a "performance based" model. If you wantserious performance, you buy the SRT8 Charger, which as we all know will beat a stock GT.

All I'll add is that 14 flat for a moderately priced family car is nothing to be ashamed of. Beats the heck out of driving 17 second SUV or minivan.My new company car is a Magnum R/T, and my wife drives a Magnum SRT8. Both are really nice cars, but to compare them to a Mustang is apples and oranges.

True, my R/T is not as fast as my GT was stock. However, that isn't what it was designed for. Just like my GT was not designed to carry my family in room and comfort.
Jesus H Christ!!!! what a buzz killer. thanks alot ya buckin futthole!!
Dumb comparison.
H
Old 01-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lieu910

I always find these discussions interesting, as the topic spins wildly out of control.

First, what a ridiculous comparison. ABullitt Mustang against a 5 passenger family sedan, which isn't even the top performanceversion in that model.What's the point?

The Charger R/T is a moderately priced family car/ sport sedan. It was never designed or intended to be a "performance based" model. If you wantserious performance, you buy the SRT8 Charger, which as we all know will beat a stock GT.

All I'll add is that 14 flat for a moderately priced family car is nothing to be ashamed of. Beats the heck out of driving 17 second SUV or minivan.My new company car is a Magnum R/T, and my wife drives a Magnum SRT8. Both are really nice cars, but to compare them to a Mustang is apples and oranges.

True, my R/T is not as fast as my GT was stock. However, that isn't what it was designed for. Just like my GT was not designed to carry my family in room and comfort.

Dumb comparison.
I can't believe this post lives on. Ok then, let's just compare apples to apples. GT500 vs. SRT8 .
Old 01-22-2008, 09:52 PM
GM EATER...03 MACH1

The charger r/t and the srt-8 are SLOW!!! I love toying with both of them especially when the srt-8 issupposed to be so magnificent...well i got news for ya dodge fans there not my 03 mach 1 plays with them