Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

More spyshots of next Mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 05:17 PM
sean1017

Default RE: More spyshots of next Mustang!

ugh i dont think i like either cars. if the camaro looks anythgin like the first prtotype it would be cool but otherwise it looks fugly. as for the mustang i like the looks of them now where there actually like modern day old muscle cars. the new one in the pics is to like i dunno it looks more exotic or european. if it comes out looking like that Guigiaromustang ill be pissed. i hate them european future looking cars.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:34 PM
AdamK

Even if we don't like something about the new stangs I am sure we can find some nice aftermarket stuff to make them to our liking. Some s197 V6 guys like the GT front bumper while some s197GT guys like the pony package smaller lamps and bumper. I cant wait to see the car under that "anti-spy" cloth : )
Old 01-04-2008, 11:09 AM
RyanAcosta
1st Gear Member

The mustang can't stay retro looking for the rest of its life span... then people lose interest in the cars and they stop selling all together. Something you justhave to accept, I enjoy our s197's but I think theGuigiaro designed one is a definate good step forward.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:48 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

+1
Old 01-04-2008, 08:02 PM
RedDevilSC
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RyanAcosta

The mustang can't stay retro looking for the rest of its life span... then people lose interest in the cars and they stop selling all together. Something you justhave to accept, I enjoy our s197's but I think theGuigiaro designed one is a definate good step forward.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Personally I love both the new edgebody styleand the s-197's, and both for different reasons.I'm sure that the 2010 update will be a subtle improvement, just like the new edge was to the sn-95.

There is a lot of competition coming in the next couple of years aimed square between the eyes of the Mustang, and I pray that Ford doesn't drop the ball on this and allow our beloved car to become some sort of outdated relic. I think the current s-197 Mustang is awesome, however theMustang can't survive forever as a flashback to 60's nostalgia. (although it would be nice if it could)

And does anybody else think that the interior of the next camaro looks about as cheap and tacky as a '99 Grand Am?
Old 01-04-2008, 08:11 PM
speedstang06
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RedDevilSC

ORIGINAL: RyanAcosta

Couldn't have said it better myself. Personally I love both the new edgebody styleand the s-197's, and both for different reasons.I'm sure that the 2010 update will be a subtle improvement, just like the new edge was to the sn-95.

There is a lot of competition coming in the next couple of years aimed square between the eyes of the Mustang, and I pray that Ford doesn't drop the ball on this and allow our beloved car to become some sort of outdated relic. I think the current s-197 Mustang is awesome, however theMustang can't survive forever as a flashback to 60's nostalgia. (although it would be nice if it could)

And does anybody else think that the interior of the next camaro looks about as cheap and tacky as a '99 Grand Am?
haha, very true though! I saw it at the auto show in chicago and the concept version looked pretty sweet. If the production version looks like that picture then I just lost a lot of liking for it...
Old 01-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Ecstasy
5th Gear Member

IMO they both look ugly, i like my 97 cobra. sn-95 FTW. and 01-04 also lol. 99-00 are ugly.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Cubs17
3rd Gear Member

The interior looks terrible, hope for their sake that isn't what rolls of the lot.[:'(]
Old 01-05-2008, 12:49 AM
Commander Bubbles
2nd Gear Member

Not liking either....
WTF were GM thinking when they designed the interior?

I think that the mustang will surprise us in the end. It's still hard to tell what's under all that black ****.
If not, there are plenty of s-197's going around, and more when people start to trade them for the new gen.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:15 PM
coupe68
1st Gear Member

I also am not diggin that camaro interior

Quick Reply: More spyshots of next Mustang!