Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Do you see a difference? This is a profile picture of a 2010 Mustang in the Motor Trend Magazine.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 11:39 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Do you see a difference? This is a profile picture of a 2010 Mustang in the Motor Trend Magazin

I just got my Motor Trend yesterday and read that article. If you (on the link provided above) look at the spy pictures, notice the slant of the headlightsin the front....looks a lot like the GT500 or the Giugiaro concept. Also the rear bumper was beefed up as well.

The article went on to say; " Don't expect any changes in today's 4.0 liter V6 offering, as it's prime purpose is motivating base and rental-fleet Mustangs. But the GT's V8-currently a 4.6 liter, SOHC, three valver-is likely in for a bump."

Old 02-07-2008, 11:42 AM
acrokat
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Do you see a difference? This is a profile picture of a 2010 Mustang in the Motor Trend Magazin

The front bumper is different as are the lines for the rear. My guess is that from the front the car wil be noticably different as the hood slant looks a little different with less roon for the grill. This could lead to smaller fog lights and a more agressive "look" out of the front.

The rear looks like the Lights may be shaped differently than the current model. the rear bumper does not seem to stick out as much as the current one.

the car as a whole looks a bit stretched. I'm not sure I like the new line that was added over the rear windows.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:43 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

I love the new "hips". It also appears too have GT500 type foglights...
I like it alot. I had been planning on getting one but wasn't sure. If this picture is fairly accurate, and they do indeed release a 5.0 my decision has been made. I'll still with black though....
Old 02-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I love Black but it slowly deteriorates faster than any other color. Mine for example is beautiful but the hood and front bumper and even the roof looks like it has been beaten with a chain.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:54 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Yeah, I hear ya. I thought about he dark alloy color for that exact reason. I only keep my cars about 2 years at the most anyway and put about 5k miles on them a year so I don't worry about it too much. It is a MASSIVE pain to keep clean but it's worth the trouble (imho).
Old 02-07-2008, 12:07 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

chain1,....stop beating the roof of Daniel's car! [sm=chairshot.gif]
Old 02-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Rat GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Do you see a difference? This is a profile picture of a 2010 Mustang in the Motor Trend Magazine

I wonder who's going tooffer the first 2010-style body kit to fit our cars. If the newfront and rearlooks a lot better than the current car, I will consider a swap.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:45 PM
mhconley
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Do you see a difference? This is a profile picture of a 2010 Mustang in the Motor Trend Magazine

The profile shows no antenna! Unfortunately, the mule photos show one on the passenger side rear. Instead of moving it to the back of the car whycan'tFord put it in the windshield like most other manufacturers? If they really move it beside the trunk the least they could do is make it a power antenna.

Martin
Old 02-07-2008, 02:57 PM
jrhykushi
4th Gear Member

are these the rims pictured? http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...amp;sort=Brand
Old 02-07-2008, 07:15 PM
EricM
2nd Gear Member

I like the shoulder on the rear quarter. Never really understood why they gave the current style the slab side. Now all they need to do is take another look at a '67 to refresh their memory and ditch the tacked on wing.

Quick Reply: Do you see a difference? This is a profile picture of a 2010 Mustang in the Motor Trend Magazine.