Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Is the Boss back???

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 03:35 PM
northbaseball22
1st Gear Member

Default Is the Boss back???

I have heard rumors of the boss mustang coming back in 08' with a unsuperchared 6.2L puting out 390 hp stock. What have you heard and also what numbers do you think this thing can put up with a supercharger and more mods?
Old 03-09-2008, 04:11 PM
IIGood

Default RE: Is the Boss back???

I still want to know how Ford will pull off doing a Boss Mustang. Doesn't Team Shinoda still produce "Boss" packages?
Old 03-09-2008, 04:17 PM
northbaseball22
1st Gear Member

I heard that they are only producing 1,000.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:27 PM
kyle2k
1st Gear Member

I call B.S. it could be possible but the fact that only 1000 are going to be made is just useless...pointless...stupidness...fordness.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:55 AM
duke_r2
1st Gear Member

I havnt heard anything really. Iheard somthing about the other "boss" packages from somebody else...but nothing from ford. That would be sick though!!
Old 03-10-2008, 11:02 AM
josephspann
1st Gear Member

If that scenario did happen it would just make me angry because I know I would not be anywhere in that group of 1000 lucky guys to get it And that would be cool and all but I think when the production numbers on a car like that are THAT low that it makes it more of a collector car than something you would want to buy for a drag car or something of that sort.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:03 PM
FloridaGT/CS

The Shinoda family owns/purchased the legal rights to the Boss Mustang from Ford. Legal problems would most likely prevent any other Boss, so while I have no personal knowledge of Ford's plans, it would seem much more likely that a Mach 1 will be the new specialty Mustang. However, Shinoda Performance (Pensacola, Fl) will still continue producing several versions of the licensed Boss Mustang.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:29 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FloridaGT/CS

The Shinoda family owns/purchased the legal rights to the Boss Mustang from Ford. Legal problems would most likely prevent any other Boss, so while I have no personal knowledge of Ford's plans, it would seem much more likely that a Mach 1 will be the new specialty Mustang. However, Shinoda Performance (Pensacola, Fl) will still continue producing several versions of the licensed Boss Mustang.
There is a Boss coming. 2009 or 2010. Not a whole lot is known, but it will be very short in production, and has a pretty good power plant. That's coming from someone on the inside. Shinoda doesn't own Boss. Ford still owns that. But they have the rights to use the name "Boss" along with their name "Shinoda". That's why you always see their products with "Boss Shinoda" on it.

About the Boss name, here's a link to a discussion that I had with someone from Shinoda, who in fact, stated that:
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=713120
Old 03-10-2008, 08:56 PM
speedstang06
4th Gear Member

it seems like 2010 will be the year of the boss, at least that is what I seem to keep reading. If that is the case, I think I will be holding off to buy a new one until then. I cant wait to see how it turns out.

That would be the dumbest thing ever if they only made 1000 of them. I would not be a happy camper[:@].
Old 03-10-2008, 09:28 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: speedstang06

it seems like 2010 will be the year of the boss, at least that is what I seem to keep reading. If that is the case, I think I will be holding off to buy a new one until then. I cant wait to see how it turns out.

That would be the dumbest thing ever if they only made 1000 of them. I would not be a happy camper[:@].
If I'm remembering correctly, that was about the number I had heard. My grandfather had a '71 Boss 351 in Grabber Lime. Lucky SOB. He sold it for almost nothing in 1975. If only he had it now. They only made 1806 of those. I wouldn't expect more than 5000 to be made. I think we'd be lucky to see 3000.

I think the Mach 1 would be most attainable. It'll be produced in much higher numbers. But, I too would love to get a Boss and take my grandfather for a drive in it.

Quick Reply: Is the Boss back???