Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

5.0L Engine Confirmed For 2010 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 05:59 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 5.0L Engine Confirmed For 2010 Mustang

ORIGINAL: RedDevilSC

ORIGINAL: scg87

Ford needs to put the 5.4 NA V8 out of the new Falcon in the next Stang.....
That would be awesome, but I won't hold my breath.

I don't understand why Ford doesn't allow buyers to special order a different motor, like in the 60's. Back then you had several different choices. (302,351,390, yada yada yada) It sucks that today if you want something differentfrom the factory(other than the 3 valve4.6 V-8) you have to spend 20 grand more on a Shelby GT 500. It would be great to be able to go to the dealer and order a GT from the factory and pay acouple grand extrafor the 4 valve 4.6 or 5.4.

Times have changed man. It's no longer feasible or or practical for automakers to do that anymore. It's now about as much component sharing as possible to keep cost down.

A bigger issue I have is why Ford sees fit to leave the US hanging by neglecting to give us so many of the offerings they provide foreign markets w/. Ford's lineup as of late as been improving, but our Focus pails in comparison to the Euro model. And we get the Taurus and Fusion while Australia gets to roam around in 400+ hp Falcon's??? Where's the logic in that??? If Ford brought the Falcons over here, they'd sell like crazy. I'd buy in one in a heartbeat. The Euro Focus puts the Caliber and Cobalt to shame. But alas, Ford, it's infinite wisdom, decides to keep them foreign market only. Good job Ford, maybe you'll get the next Mustang right.....[&o]
Old 04-17-2008, 06:04 PM
5.0LitreSN95
2nd Gear Member

/\ +1, we need to get the Euro focus over here, and maybe that new SportKa thing too, google it its pretty sweet.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Elwood
2nd Gear Member

Ford needs to put the 5.4 NA V8 out of the new Falcon in the next Stang.....
Yeah that'd be awesome. According to anAussiemuscle car mag I bought while I was there, a new Falcon GT-HO will come out in late 2009. Not just as a marketing concept either: "If an owner decides to give it a track day against the latest hot versions of a Subaru Imprezza or Mitsubishi Lancer, it WON'T be beaten."-Australian Muscle Car Issue 34
Why can't we get something like that here? Heck even the regularFalcon/Ute would be nice.They're bringing a Holden Commodore/Ute back as the PontiacG8 andSport-Truck...[&:]
Old 04-17-2008, 06:23 PM
fordsbestcar
3rd Gear Member

the new fiesta as well. it looks awesome inside and out.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:54 PM
birdoffire7
2nd Gear Member

Being "unconfirmed" was the point of my post. The OP said it was confirmed, and everything I read said "not officially confirmed by Ford".
Old 04-17-2008, 10:07 PM
PhattyDre16
2nd Gear Member

Well, if that arrogant guy is telling the truth, then i'm pretty sure the Stang will eat up Challangers and Camaros, seeing as its 400 lbs lighter. Wow Mopar and General heads will have to get used to seeing Stang tailights. Can't wait lol................

Then again it might not be true.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:52 AM
fordsbestcar
3rd Gear Member

if u wanna here a joke my friend who loves dodge thinks that all the aftermarket stuff is gonna heavily shift toward hemi. two things
1. hemis don't technically exist anymore because of better technologies
2. their are so many stangs out their, and camaros
Old 04-18-2008, 06:46 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

A bigger issue I have is why Ford sees fit to leave the US hanging by neglecting to give us so many of the offerings they provide foreign markets w/. Ford's lineup as of late as been improving, but our Focus pails in comparison to the Euro model. And we get the Taurus and Fusion while Australia gets to roam around in 400+ hp Falcon's??? Where's the logic in that??? If Ford brought the Falcons over here, they'd sell like crazy. I'd buy in one in a heartbeat. The Euro Focus puts the Caliber and Cobalt to shame. But alas, Ford, it's infinite wisdom, decides to keep them foreign market only. Good job Ford, maybe you'll get the next Mustang right.....[&o]
I couldn't agree more. I give it another 5 years tops and then Ford will beforced to start globalizing its yearly lineups. Yea, even if the Euro Focus and Aussie Falcons were to cost more than the domesticated versions....you can bet your *** they'd sell over here like hotcakes.....AND get rave reviews while doing it.

Keep selling cheap s**tfor the North American marketFord, and it WILL get ugly for you.

As far as the return of the 5.0.....I wouldn't be surprised. I can easily see Ford turning out a 24V SOHC 5.0 (just a stroked out version of the current 3V 4.6) and putting a 350hp GT onto the market. I don't see the GT coming out with anything bigger than 350 though. A 400hp DOHC 5.0 Boss would be a nice side option though.

And I'm still curious as to whether we'll see one of these twin turbo ecoboost V8's under the hood of a future Cobra.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:57 AM
GNATSUM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

I couldn't agree more. I give it another 5 years tops and then Ford will beforced to start globalizing its yearly lineups. Yea, even if the Euro Focus and Aussie Falcons were to cost more than the domesticated versions....you can bet your *** they'd sell over here like hotcakes.....AND get rave reviews while doing it.

Keep selling cheap s**tfor the North American marketFord, and it WILL get ugly for you.

As far as the return of the 5.0.....I wouldn't be surprised. I can easily see Ford turning out a 24V SOHC 5.0 (just a stroked out version of the current 3V 4.6) and putting a 350hp GT onto the market. I don't see the GT coming out with anything bigger than 350 though. A 400hp DOHC 5.0 Boss would be a nice side option though.

And I'm still curious as to whether we'll see one of these twin turbo ecoboost V8's under the hood of a future Cobra.
Ford is already on it.

to list a couple of my head:

new Focus, Ranger, Fiesta, Escape will be global in at least 5 years

even the new Mustang after this refresh in 2010 will be on Ford's new GRWD(Global Rear Wheel Drive) platform which will spawn the entirely new Falcon(Aus.), since the new Falcon in Aus. right now is just a refresh, which most likely will be made for LHD(Left Hand Drive), since the current one was not engineered for LHD apps. this will be for the North American market to replace the Crown Victoria

Ford knows what it has to do to get out of this mess.

and if you want the Falcon here they have already organized execs of the NA market to come down to Aus. and drive the new Falcon FG to decide if it is worth it to invest the money into converting it to LHD. They are also watching if the Pontiac G8 is a success since it is just a rebadge Holden Commodore VE

i hope they love the I-6 turbo found in the XR6T and F6, that is a tq happy motor
Old 04-19-2008, 09:12 AM
fordsbestcar
3rd Gear Member

i wish we'd get the falcon to but it's not gonna replace the crown vic. the interceptor is supposed to be the full sized sedan to give a rebirth to rwd, and is set to replace the crown vic.

Quick Reply: 5.0L Engine Confirmed For 2010 Mustang