Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2010 Camaro Engine Specs Relased in R&T

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 07:08 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

Default 2010 Camaro Engine Specs Relased in R&T

The newest edition of Road and Track has a decent little write up on the new 2010 Camaro, I'll give you guys a few of the highlights.

"Slated to bow in the first quarter of 2009 as an early 2010 model, it's expected that the Camaro will be offered in three trim levels: LS, LT, and SS. The base LS may be powered by Chevy's 3.5 liter V-6 making about 220bhp. The LT models would use the overhead cam direct-injected 3.6 liter V-6 developing upward of 300bhp, while the SS will be powered by a 6.2 liter LS3 V-8 (similar to that found in the Corvette) tuned to produce around 400-405bhp."

The article goes on to say that a year later a Vert will be released, and later after that a Z28 model will hit the streets with a LS9 style motor ala ZR1 making 480-500bhp. The Camaro will be offered with a 6 speed auto or 6speed manual, and the price of admission starts at $20,000 and goes up to the mid to upper $30,000 range for the SS model.

with a curb weight at 3700 pounds it will tear up the 1/4 mile in 12.9 sec 0-60 in 4.8.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/video/in...tid=1564442832

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=6814
Old 06-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Elwood
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 2010 Camaro Engine Specs Relased in R&T

Hmm. More spectulation by car media. Gonna feel bad when that 3.6L spanks me...[&o]
Interesting that the Z28 apparently isn't coming around until 2012, if I read correctly. Wonder how many of those will sell given fuel prices. Intersting note: There was a thread with an article claiming the Corvette would be downsizing to a 4.7L by 2012. Isn't that the opposite of this prediction?Better yet, how many are actually going to be driven. Collectors will be all "OMG Z28. Gotta buy one that's ridiculously marked up and park it in my garage and rub it with diapers..."

I'll make my own final verdict when it actually comes out.These car mags just need to sell issues, whether the information is true or not.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Crsytal Ice
2nd Gear Member

are they coming out with trans ams and firebirds as well, i know a couple years ago when they first released the photos of the new camaro concepts there was also a trans am and firebird concept, the t/a had teh ws6 style hood vents on it....but i havn't heard of seen anything really since then and all everyone talks about it is just teh camaros.

thanks
Old 06-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Elwood
2nd Gear Member

Don't think there is gonna be a Firebird. Those were either concepts or photoshops. Pontiac has the Holden based G8 as it's V8 sporty car. It is similar to the Barracuda at SEMA that was based off the Challenger.

Old 06-15-2008, 06:16 PM
bluegill
1st Gear Member

I don't think it is speculation anymore... The Chevrolet website says the same thing... It does seem to berather stupid to not offer a Z-28 right from the start.

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/
Old 06-16-2008, 07:24 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Elwood

Don't think there is gonna be a Firebird. Those were either concepts or photoshops. Pontiac has the Holden based G8 as it's V8 sporty car. It is similar to the Barracuda at SEMA that was based off the Challenger.
The G8 is just a rebadged Holden Commodore. It's a big, heavy4 door. Not similar to the SEMA Barracuda at all.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:05 AM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

Elwood

Gonna feel bad when that 3.6L spanks me...
The 3.6l puts out 302 hp and 272 lb of torque. Weighing at least 200+ lbs more than a mustang, and coming in at 50 lbs of torque less,I wouldn't really worry about it.

Honestly, I really don't think those are the real numbers. I'm gonna wait to see the real specs. I think the Camaro will be capable of combating the Mustang to a degree, but I also believe it is just too late.

Ialso do not think they would risk putting the ls9 into a camaro which will lower the mpg considerably, and **** the Corvette guys off, just like they did with the LT1.

All my opinions of course.

- C

Old 06-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Elwood
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024

ORIGINAL: Elwood

The G8 is just a rebadged Holden Commodore. It's a big, heavy4 door. Not similar to the SEMA Barracuda at all.
Sorry, what I was trying to say was the Firebird is like the Barracuda. It was a cool reworking of a current platform that is very unlikely to be produced.
YEah I know about the whole Commodore/G8. They're cool too but definately different. My previous sentences should have been in a differnet order.

About the 3.6L, I didn't know the torque specs so I suppose it won't be too bad.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:30 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

[align=center] [:'(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Camaro Engineer[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Mustang Engineer[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:'(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center] This is the service you get nowadays[/align]
Old 07-09-2008, 02:38 PM
99bgt
1st Gear Member

you would think that the ss would be the supercharged model not the z28

Quick Reply: 2010 Camaro Engine Specs Relased in R&T